winter/wet tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Get In The Van

looking to get a new set of winter/wet weather tyres, living up here in Scotland i'll have more wet days than dry days over the upcoming months. :laugh: (today for example we had torrential rain for most of the day, apart from the period of an hour when it decided to turn to hailstones)

Currently on Continental sports contact tyres and they've been great for me( 26 x1.6 )
all the riding is on tarmac.so looking for something with a decent grip in the wet but not too heavy like i've got a JCB tyre on the bike!^_^
any suggestions?

what about buying another pair of Conti Sport Contact? - as you say, they've been great.. ;)

OP
OP
Get In The Van

Get In The Van

Cheers for the replies, the Continentals seem a bit on the slick side for winter, looking for something with a bit more grip/tread if that makes sense

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Cheers for the replies, the Continentals seem a bit on the slick side for winter, looking for something with a bit more grip/tread if that makes sense

Slick tyres grip far better in the wet then knobbly tyres.... more tyre on the road = more grip.
Bike tyres can't aquaplane in wet weather.

For wet weather riding just be aware of painted road markings and metal work.

Norm

Well you learn something new everyday! :thumbsup:
Well, if it helps, you aren't the first and you certainly won't be the last. :giggle: That thing with slicks being better on a bike on wet Tarmac is, IMO, one of those things which seems counter-intuitive at first but is obvious when you think about it.

Norm

True... but irrelevant in a thread specifically asking about wet tyres.

Top Bottom