Wire Cutters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Holdsworth

Über Member
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item415b998e8f

Yes they might not last as long, but they will have more than half of the life than stuff double the price.

Loving the honest description
biggrin.gif

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I use a dremmel with a cutting disc at low speed for outers (with a bit of copper wire inside to keep the shape of the liner), Knipex side cutters for inner cables.

subaqua

What’s the point
I don't know how Knipex compare on price but they are fine tools, professional workshop quality, i have no qualms about using then at work (engineering)
i got a pair of Knipex cable cutters a few weeks ago at a car boot. 50p, they look well used but still cut inners as cleanly as the day they'd have been new. Havn't tried to do any outers with them mind.

Just had a lookee at what exact model mine are...
http://www.amazon.co...624294&sr=1-105

:whistle: £37...ok so the return springs missing on mine, but im even more pleased with them now :tongue:

depends on where you buy them and if you can get a good discount . I paid £25 10 years ago, and that was about a mid range price. some people get sniffy about Knipex as its part of Draper , but all of my 1st proffesional insulated cutters set ( Engineering pliers , 5 hole grips, radio pliers (showing my age there) , linesman pliers, croppers) were Knipex and i still have the croppers, albeit they are a bit worn now !!

the cutters were always being liberated from my kit by other sparks so they must be good. avoid Kew technix, they snap at the thought of cutting butter

Christopher

Über Member
+1 for the Park cutters. Paid £24 for them about 5 years ago and they have been fine but the price did make me wince. They probably cost about £30 now...

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
+1 for the Park cutters. Paid £24 for them about 5 years ago and they have been fine but the price did make me wince. They probably cost about £30 now...

£33 ....ekkk

Top Bottom