Wireless Groupset Revealed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Only six years later than Di2 and we all know how that wireless technology's do in terms of data transmission speed compared to wireless. Im not sure if this will impact shift speed.
I also hope that its not bluetooth enabled as it is known to be about as secure as a paper bag, could we see wireless exploits, interference in the pro peleton to gain an advantage. Seems ludicrous but then again so does taking PED's and endangering your life to win and we have been through that.

Made me laugh when Michael Zellmann stated testing product is part of our development process. When my Hydro was recalled because of a defect, this was not fixed and they were recalled again for the very same problem, Once this was identified the product was redesigned and due to be delivered 7 months later in April. This time frame has not been met due to further issues in the manufacturing process and I am still waiting.
At no point has SRAM offered me any compensation even though my bike is depreciating in value during this time and I am off the belief that cutting edge products delivered by SRAM result in the customer being the tester.

IMHO anyone considering this groupset should wait at least 18 months as I have no value on SRAM's quality control or testing. Until such time that it has proven itself reliable you could end up in a situation such as myself.

Last edited:

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Di2 and EPS is complex enough to troubleshoot with crash protection features, Im curious towards knowing how you will trouble shoot this product when you throw wireless connectivity and multiple batteries into the mix.
Many LBS have issues supporting customers with Di2 related issues and simply lack knowledge of the system. I can't see this being any better.

I would assume that bike frames would still contain the routing required for cables and Di2 as such I'm not really sure if wireless is needed and if so how much of a step forward this technology is. Certainly interesting though.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I like the idea of clicking different shifters to change the RD, one thing i dont like about double tap is i sometimes change up rather than down when i need too but i do ride shimano all week so it could be i am relearning the system when i ride.

Top Bottom