wisdom tooth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Just got in from the dentist,had my wisdom tooth pulled.Whats been your experience of this.We all know,man pain is the worst,so im off to the settee,to sleep it off hopefully.

My boss had two weeks off work!!!

Shaun

Founder
Same here. Got home and very soon the numbness wore off, once it did I went to bed because I couldn't move my mouth due to the pain and I couldn't face dealing with anyone or anything!

Several hours later, after a good sleep I felt loads better.

Had to have mine out because it was impacting the tooth beside it and the dentist said, either have one tooth out, or two (because one will knacker the other if it doesn't come out!) it's up to you!

Sympathy from me! :ohmy:xx(:biggrin:

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Admin said:
Same here. Got home and very soon the numbness wore off, once it did I went to bed because I couldn't move my mouth due to the pain and I couldn't face dealing with anyone or anything!

Several hours later, after a good sleep I felt loads better.

Had to have mine out because it was impacting the tooth beside it and the dentist said, either have one tooth out, or two (because one will knacker the other if it doesn't come out!) it's up to you!

Sympathy from me! :ohmy:xx(:biggrin:

Thanks,mine had an abcess,and was decayed just below the gum line,it was as if it never cleared my gum properly,always a slight overlap of gum around its base,so i couldnt clean that area,leading to a bad tooth.So had it out for that reason.Im at the tingle sensation,before the numbness really starts to go,ooeer;)

Dave5N

Über Member
Inflation has certainly had a dramatic effect. The going rate from the tooth fairy is now £1 - £2 for the first one (I suppose she need to incentivise her core offer).

And that's just for milk teeth. A proper grown upp wisdom tooth could fetch up to a fiver.

You might also want to consider E-bay before you commit to the under-pillow solution.

stephenb

Guru
few years back now had all 4 pulled out in one go about 10 days before my wedding. Had a face the size of Peter Kay's on the big day.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Morrisette said:
I didn't say he NEEDED to have two weeks off, LOL. I had 4 teeth out when I was younger (not wisdoms though), didn't hurt that much if I remember (maybe I don't remember...)

Iv had others out,and no bother at all.My dentist even said to me to press on my jaw under my ear on the other side,cos it might feel like its going to pop out,now that got me worried:smile:
Morrisette,i would love to take the time off too,just for the sake of it,but my LML is a strick bugger;)
Dave,i let her keep it,it wasnt a very pretty one:smile:

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
stephenb said:
few years back now had all 4 pulled out in one go about 10 days before my wedding. Had a face the size of Peter Kay's on the big day.

My father in law had eight took out last year,to get falseys in,he didnt seemed bothered too much by it either,makes me feel a bit of a woose:smile:

radger

Veteran
I've had 2 out - the first one didn't really cause any pain, although it took about 8 months for the hole to heal over - it bled occasionally for about 2 months after extraction. I suspect the lack of pain may have been because it was just before Christmas, and I numbed it with alcohol slightly :rolleyes:
The second one was a bit different- the roots were crossed so the dentist needed the giant pliers and it came out in bits. Pain afterwards was again about nil, but I was completely wiped out by it. I think my energy had all been diverted into the healing process - it healed over in about 20 days.

Blue

Legendary Member
Had mine out over 30 years ago - in hospital.

Remember the events well. I was just cutting my wisdom teeth and the molar next to the one on the LH side has a missing filling which I hadn't had sorted. Driving along, sucking a Polo mint I decided to crunch said mint. The molar with the cavity shattered and took the top off the emerging wisdom with it. In the ensuing melee a nerve in one of the teeth got damaged and I had a bolt of pain that was like how I imagine getting a sword through the head would feel - only just managed to avoid putting the car into a wall at the side of the road.

Happy days!!

Shaun

Founder
Oh yeah, I forgot, you may have bits of jaw bone floating about for a while afterwards - well plugged-in them wisdom teeth!! :rolleyes::biggrin: :rolleyes:

Top Bottom