Wish I had a camera but didn't moment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MLC

Will put this into commuting as it happenned on way to work but not strictly cycling related.

I walk from Liv St through New st into Dev Sq.

Yesterday morning I walked past the shoe shine bloke who is usually just the under cover part of Dev Terrace normally he was without a customer this time he had one. The chair seats you on a platform of about two -two half feet high

There was a guy probably only in his twenties who was sat there bolt upright with a pressed, folded hankercheif in his breast pocket, immaculate suit, beetle sunglasses I am sure he was the lovechild of Gordon Gecko.

I dunno what it was as I don't know the guy from Adam and he is probably as nice as pie but by his general demeanour the way he was seated, the immaculate suit the nose tilted slighly upward hinting of an air or arrogance and the large beetle sun glasses he just reminded of something out of footballers wives a complete parody of the archetypal city boy and would be the perfect poster model for any hate the banks and anti capitalism brigade. For me it just summed up the shallowness of some, arrogance, and all that is wrong with the city of london in one fell swoop.

I actually laughed as I went by.

I know it is not nice and even childish but in this instance hey art is subjective I just couldn't help it the Shoe shine bloke working on away and the platform putting the chair up high with the aura of the guy receiving the shoe shine just made him look like a complete muppet.

In my whole life I have never looked on at something unfolding before my eyes and just wished I had a camera more than this particluar moment

mumbo jumbo

My firm's London office is in Devonshire Square. It could have been a colleague of mine!
ohmy.gif

(Surely not, though. They're all such wonderful and inspiring human beings...
whistling.gif
)

asterix

Comrade Member
Once I had a boss who took great pride in his workaday appearance. Whilst the rest of us were completely casual, jeans even, he was invariably in pin-stripes, tie and shiny shoes. Really nice guy though - I am sure he cleaned his own shoes!

Top Bottom