Wish I was on my bike at the moment...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TijnUK

After a very busy morning at work I thought it would be nice to be home with the kids alone later as mummy has a long day at work. :angry: All went well till mummy called to check everything was ok. Grace picks up the phone but doesn't press the answer button. So I try to help her and are greeted by an enourmous tantrum. Ok can step over that. Daddy starts to make a tortilla. Kids try to play nicely upstairs. Within 5 minutes it sounds like there are trying to take a few walls down. After several times it is quiet. Is that a good thing? Ahh the noice starts again. Mink runs down with the potty. Look dad Grace has done a wee. Great buddy, did I need to see that? He flushes it though. What a help. Mink comes down again as I hear a clunk in the drainage. Dad, Grace has flushed her water pistol down the toilet. Great, didn't even think that was possible considering the size of the damm thing. Dad, Grace has flushed half the toilet roll after it too. Thank god it is still flushing, although I am not sure how long that will last now. Diner is ready!!!! Wash your hands. I already washed mine said Grace. Did Mink help you? NOooo! Did you do it? Yessss. In the sink? Noooo, In the toilet daddy!! Ahhh, great. Did you feel the water pistol? Duh.
Right diner then. All well, nothing unnormal besides food all over everything. Done daddy after finishing a quarter of her plate. Telly time. Right of you go.
Daddy still trying the finish his food with Mink. Daddyyyyyyyy! I have done a wee! Great, knowing the potty is still upstairs. Just missed the rug, good. Only a wee Grace? Yess. Let's get the wet stuff of than. Ah, no, shoot, Noooo, blehhh. Not just a wee than. Don't move, pleassssssse. Ahhh, nooooo on the carpetxx(. STAND STILLLLLLL!!!! Ahhhh, nooooo, great, fantastic. How much can you actually get out of that tiny weeny buddy of yours.
Our once white rug is not so very white no more.

All clean again, well clean?

Maybe it was better at work this morning....but I wish I was on my bike right now.............

Mark_Robson

The joys of parenthood :biggrin:
If it's any conciliation it gets easier as they get older, until they hit ten then they learn to argue rationally. :angry:

OP
OP
T

TijnUK

The joys of parenthood :angry:
If it's any conciliation it gets easier as they get older, until they hit ten then they learn to argue rationally.

I reckon as soon as they start cycling with me, conciliation is starting. It will end again when they saying come dad, what's keeping you...

When is child labour brought back again?:biggrin:

OP
OP
T

TijnUK

, I outsourced mine when they were 16 and 18

Too late...for me if the mrs is not home soon....they will be outsourced at a very young age:tongue:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I remember when we were all staying at Mum's and my sister went up to give Oli his bath - he was just at being able to roll about stage, and then she called, quite urgently, for some help, and when I went up and he was on the change mat, nappy off, liquid poo flowing copiously towards the edge of the mat - she couldn't get up to grab a cloth or anything, in case he took the opportunity to roll about...

We did laugh. Afterwards.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
At least a puppy is more-or-less housetrained after a couple of months.
And if they annoy you, you can lock them out in the garden for an hour.

OP
OP
T

TijnUK

Arch said:
I remember when we were all staying at Mum's and my sister went up to give Oli his bath - he was just at being able to roll about stage, and then she called, quite urgently, for some help, and when I went up and he was on the change mat, nappy off, liquid poo flowing copiously towards the edge of the mat - she couldn't get up to grab a cloth or anything, in case he took the opportunity to roll about...

We did laugh. Afterwards.

Brilliant!

OP
OP
T

TijnUK

TheDoctor said:
At least a puppy is more-or-less housetrained after a couple of months.
And if they annoy you, you can lock them out in the garden for an hour.

Are you not suppose to do that with children???;)

rusky

CC Addict
TijnUK said:
Are you not suppose to do that with children???:smile:

They get wet if it's raining, that's what the coal bunker's for:biggrin:

I always get worried when they are upstairs & it goes quiet.

OP
OP
T

TijnUK

rusky said:
They get wet if it's raining, that's what the coal bunker's for:biggrin:

:laugh::biggrin::biggrin:

I always get worried when they are upstairs & it goes quiet.

Yeah, I know when it goes quiet downstairs that they are in the sweets cubboard. Upstairs is indeed another story. Silence is not good unless it's nighttime.

Top Bottom