Wish me luck.........!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
ASC1951 said:
Good grief. For my 117 miler last Wednesday in similar conditions, I had muesli and a boiled egg before I set off, a piece of flapjack and a banana at 75 miles and a litre of water all told. About 8 hours. I am not remotely an athlete but I have done quite a few of them before.
I would eat about the same for a ride like that, but I'd drink 3-4 litres of drink (2 parts water to 1 part orange juice, 80g of Maltodextrin carbo-powder per litre) and I'd still come back slightly dehydrated - say 2-3 kgs lighter. I'm about 35 pounds overweight. When I was slimmer and fitter, I only needed to drink about 1/2 - 2/3 of what I do now, but that is still double what you do. Every person is different.

If you are doing your first long(ish) ride, I'd suggest that you eat and drink more than you think you need, in order to avoid bonking. Weigh yourself before and after the ride - if you've lost a significant amount of weight, you didn't drink enough. If you come back heavier than when you set off, you probably drank too much.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ah you'll be fine..... watch the forecast though 100 miles in rain is no fun. Are you riding with anyone ? Makes the time pass better.

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

Job done!!:sad:

Well chuffed with myself, did it in 8 hours. Not a bad run but the worst bit was between 50 and 70 miles, it was endless!! Didn`t hit the wall though which was a big help!!

Here`s to the next one......

Cheers for all the support on this one too!!:sad:

wyno70

Well done speecy, did my first one a few weeks ago and loved the sense of achievement I got. Doing a 150k sprotive this weekend and am going to make sure I 'circle the car park' at the end until I've done 100 miles.

Tip top mate, well done!

Nice one speccy!!! :biggrin:

Top Bottom