Wisper Wayfarer ordered!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member
Just ordered a Wisper Wayfarer for my wife, should be here on Wednesday. Opted for longer range battery and front rack.

Wayfarer is a new model, motor in the bottom bracket assembly, and the battery In the frame. Wife very excited.

Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Just be careful, ive heard horror stories of the front fork drop outs snapping off and the bike nose diving!

:laugh:

Only joking, i hope your wife enjoys it very much and gets many miles of happiness out of it :okay:

CXRAndy

Guru
Looks an excellent bike for your wife

I read they're using Shimano motor s, is that correct?

Prices are becoming more competitive which is excellent. The few reasons to convert a current bike are slightly lessened with options like these:okay:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I think the motor is a Bafang, probably their newish MaxDrive which is aimed at original equipment rather than home mechanic installation.

Wisper bikes are a bit dearer than some for what you get, but they are a good company to deal with.

David Miall, who owns it, is a genuinely decent guy and very fair.

CXRAndy

Guru
I think the motor is a Bafang, probably their newish MaxDrive which is aimed at original equipment rather than home mechanic installation.

Wisper bikes are a bit dearer than some for what you get, but they are a good company to deal with.

David Miall, who owns it, is a genuinely decent guy and very fair.

Bafang Max drive is torque sensing. That's good news if it is a Bafang

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Bafang Max drive is torque sensing. That's good news if it is a Bafang

Agreed, and it's a bit pokier than Bosch/Shimano/Steps.

That might be a benefit in extremis.

My Bosch bike is more than adequate 99.9% of the time, and in any event I run it on one of the lower power settings partly to get range.

However, I have failed to get up the ludicrously steep Boltby Bank in North Yorkshire - twice.

So for that 25 metres of road I take on every two or three years some more power would be handy.

Fair play to the push bike cyclist who barrelled up it at nearly 10mph.

https://cyclinguphill.com/100-climb...imb is fairly straight,hand turn near the top.

Top Bottom