withdrawal symptoms

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
im now at the end of my fourth of six cyclingless weeks, and its rele startin to get 2 me. i rele cant wait another 2 weeks without cycling :eek:. wots the longest uve ever been physically unable to ride a bike, nd how did u cope?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No turbo then ?

Not more than a week really - managed to get on a turbo with a broken hand straight away.... but sweaty casts aren't nice.....

2 weeks off with a holiday, but that doesn't count.......

Noodley

3 months from November 2007 to February 2008 due to an injury, then quite a bit of last year due to the lurgy off and on until early December...the past 2 months are the longest I have been fit for a long while.

I did not cope very well to begin with TBH. A right grumpy bugger most of the time. But then I realised there was no point being grumpy and decided just to let things take their course....quite difficult as I gained a lot of weight and lost a lot of fitness. But I have lost half the weight in the past month and fitness is coming back as well - I have been quite surprised how quickly.

Maz

Guru
ilovebikes said:
im now at the end of my fourth of six cyclingless weeks, and its rele startin to get 2 me. i rele cant wait another 2 weeks without cycling :eek:. wots the longest uve ever been physically unable to ride a bike, nd how did u cope?
Y r u off ur bike?

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
fossyant said:
No turbo then ?

Not more than a week really - managed to get on a turbo with a broken hand straight away.... but sweaty casts aren't nice.....

2 weeks off with a holiday, but that doesn't count.......

i can still go to the gym (4x a week atm) but its just not the same u kno? so i should easily maintain fitness if nt improve it.

longers

Legendary Member
ilovebikes said:
broken thumb, in an enormously oversized cast, which stinks to high heaven :smile:

Sorry to hear that, but we might break your other one if you don't type properly :eek:.

longers

Legendary Member
Sorry, the one I quoted was perfect.

It was the original one that looked like it had been typed by someone with one arm in a cast that I was referring to.

How did you break it?

jonesy

Guru
Was off for at least 6 weeks a few years ago having broken my collar bone in a fall. Wasn't fun- involved going to work by bus. :-(

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
longers said:
Sorry, the one I quoted was perfect.

It was the original one that looked like it had been typed by someone with one arm in a cast that I was referring to.

How did you break it?

clipless moment lol, i went sideways but decided to save the sti,qr's,carbon fork, new pedals and overall paintwork on my 4 day old new racer- and i stand by that decision even now.

longers

Legendary Member
ilovebikes said:
clipless moment lol, i went sideways but decided to save the sti,qr's,carbon fork, new pedals and overall paintwork on my 4 day old new racer- and i stand by that decision even now.

:smile: Quite right too but next time aim to roll onto your shoulder - it's worked for me :eek:.

Top Bottom