[WITHDRAWN] SURLY LONG HAUL TRUCKER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cnb

Veteran
F/S Surly long haul trucker.52cm.. Bought from Triton Cycles in 2011..Good condition. Only selling because of a shoulder problem that makes it painful for me to ride drop bar bikes..The bike is as Stock except for the addition of Schwalbe tyres and SKS mudguards..original conti tyres will also be included..I would 013.JPG like £380 and the buyer to collect..North East area(Sunderland)

OP
OP
cnb

cnb

Veteran
One of these days i'll get the knack of how to post an add

OP
OP
cnb

cnb

Veteran
Ooo Right cheers..I'll try that next time i post a thread...Computery stuff is a bafflement to me sometimes:eek:....Learning though...

Bikerta

I would also ask the same. How tall are you and inside leg measurement. Can you also let me know the top tube length on this bike. Looks reasonably short but I have heard that the top tube is quite lengthy on the LHT. I too suffer with my shoulder, so am looking for a bike with a shorter top tube than what I already have and to change to different bars.

KneesUp

Guru
Surly list the full geometry details on their website:

http://surlybikes.com/bikes/long_haul_trucker/geometry

OP
OP
cnb

cnb

Veteran
I'm 5'8".. I'm also thinking about fitting flat or riser bars and seeing if that helps.Just not sure how or if it will affect the ride..

Bikerta

I'm 5'8".. I'm also thinking about fitting flat or riser bars and seeing if that helps.Just not sure how or if it will affect the ride..

Fitting riser bars would help enormously, especially ones that sweep back towards you a bit. Reach would be much reduced and all controls would be to hand instead of having to stretch for them.

Bikerta

Bargain would have been interested for swmbo but she doesn't fancy bar end shifters:angry:

You could always buy the brackets that fit on the handlebars and turn the existing dura ace bar end shifters into thumb shifters. Easy and cheap fix for a bike of this value. SJS cycles in Bridgwater stock ones from Paul which are a bit more expensive, but they also do their own make too which are cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom