England : East Yorkshire WKF 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
You going PM? I've booked onto the 100k, but not been on the bike much lately for one reason & another. But it should be nice & flat. I reckon its nearly 30 miles to get to any decent hills from Hornsea, so a 60 mile ride shouldnt take any big hills :blush:

Reading the info on the ride it sounds like a great ride for those just getting into riding, no pressure to complete a full distance ride & I dont think there is any official timing like a sportive

Soltydog

Legendary Member
got an email last week saying the routes would be emailed out some time this week, but hopefully they will be well signed/marshalled on the day :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
Yup, I'm signed up. Gone for the 60k ride as its a circa 50k round trip to the start for me. After doing 50 miles yesterday getting to the start and home on top of the 100k would be too much for me.

From the email I think its the first time its been run? BBQ at the end :thumbsup: Will be interesting to see what the route is, a .GPX one would be handy.

Pity it clashes with the York Show though

Soltydog

Legendary Member
The routes are now on the website to download, but IMO they are very poor & anyone from outside the area may struggle to follow them as the route is marked, but the minor roads used are not shown on the map. I'm going to download the 100k route onto my Garmin, so if anyone wants if sending on just pm me :thumbsup:
AFAIK it is the 1st time for it, the farm shop only opened last year & hopefully the food stop & BBQ will be using their high quality products :hungry:

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
Agree with the maps - not great and I'll be mapping it out for my Holux before then. Quite easy to get a little lost on some of those minor routes.
Solty - I'll see you sometime before/after. You'll probably finish the 100 in about same time as I do the 60 anyway :smile:

WFK email wrote said:
The route is not marked and we will be going from the maps but we have tried to select a route that is fairly straightforward so I hope there will be no issues!
EEEK the maps are poor going to give it a go at getting it on the GPS.

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
60k route attached. Correct as far as I can tell from the pdf on the site

Attachments

• WFK_60k.gpx
    103.5 KB · Views: 119

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I've put the 100k route on my Garmin, but I've changed it slightly. The main road back from Roos to Hornsea isnt one that I would choose to ride, so I've changed that to some minor roads where I can without adding too much mileage.
I doubt I'll do the 100k as fast as your 60k PM. I'm not as fast as I was :sad: Not done half as much mileage this year as I would have liked to for one reason & another :sad:
Cant upload it on here as its a tcx file :headshake:

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
Good point on the Roos - Hornsea road. Might tweak my route a bit too.
Mind, I took the singletrack road out of Patrington towards the coast the other day and was somewhat surprised to meet a bus coming the other way.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
My riding buddy has had to dip out due to health issues, so if anyone fancies it there is a paid for place up for grabs.
I may end up just doing the 60k route with you PM if you fancy some company?

Top Bottom