England : East Yorkshire WKF 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
My riding buddy has had to dip out due to health issues, so if anyone fancies it there is a paid for place up for grabs.
I may end up just doing the 60k route with you PM if you fancy some company?

I'm up for it after being called a 'wuss' -let me know

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
Hope to see you tomorrow at the registration. I should be there 08:30 ish
Bikes a red Planet X / red bar tape / white hoods. Sitting on it will be a fat bloke with a matching complexion.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Good ride today, despite the very wet start :rain: Cant believe I had my winter boots on in June. Fantastic flapjack at the feedstop & nice food at the finish :hungry:
Good company, cheers PM & CW, cant believe it was so long since our last ride, must sort another out soon :thumbsup:

Just got back after the 100k and cleaned the bike.

Rain for the first half, North easterly headwind for the second half. But the roads where silky smooth compared to ours which was nice.

Only problems I faced where GPS based. For some reason my gps wouldn't accept the whole route so I ended up with it in 3 parts. Set off with the first group and then dropped slightly behind after 30k when I had to load the next map on the fly. Caught up and enjoyed the food stop. The group thought it knew the way but ended up U turning when GPS said no. Unfortunately the time came to change maps again and in the time it took me to do this whilst following the pack we went off route so the GPS failed to display the new course. The group where waiting at a junction so I stopped to fiddle with the GPS and they continued. reloaded the map and eventually it came back on route but having been dropped by the group I lost the protection in the wind and just reached the second food stop as they where setting off again.

Still a great ride despite the weather and a nice sausage butty at the end. Overall I thought it was a little on the expensive side,the food was good but the route should have at least been signed, the maps where very poor with with no roads marked on them.

Downloaded the GPS and found we had in deed taken a wrong turn, unfortunately just where my map needed changing (bloody sods law) so the ride was actually 95.5km but never mind see here: http://www.brytonsport.com/mapTrackView?id=671651

Oh and this was the actual map provided: http://williamsfarmkitchen.co.uk/Hornsea 100km route .pdf

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Good ride today, despite the very wet start :rain: Cant believe I had my winter boots on in June. Fantastic flapjack at the feedstop & nice food at the finish :hungry:
Good company, cheers PM & CW, cant believe it was so long since our last ride, must sort another out soon :thumbsup:

Yes a jolly good ride on the 'lercal' roads, 60k was just about perfect for me today, having done 30miles yesterday

Good to catch up with / draft when it got windy Solty (honest i'll give you your tools back one day) & PM to discuss the footie

enthusiastic helpers abounded, though road markings would have been a bonus / better maps, hopefully will come next year with better weather and possibly more imaganative route back -would not choose to use the B1242. Okay food, a veggie option would have been nice too

The first of hopefully a regular event

Good training for the BigG

craig

Finally a 'big up' to velocidad, for letting me have your place, I owe you a pint or two :cheers:

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
Really enjoyed the ride out with you both today, the 60k seems much easier in good company than doing it solo.
+1 with a different route back

And one major complaint. It ending in Hornsea Freeport with my wife picking me up ended up with some damage to the credit card while she was hanging around waiting. I think I was stitched up though by her insisting on picking me up, and should have known better by refusing and cycling back home.

Top Bottom