Woah - this is a good deal, right?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

heist

105 groupset on this one for same money
http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m7b65s6p5260/CANNONDALE-CAAD8-105-TRIPLE-2013

Only got one size though..

vickster

Legendary Member
A 58cm Cannondale will be way big for someone 5'10. 54cm would be closer

OP, go testride a Cannomdale CAAD at Evans, the frame won't have changed much

heist

No use unless you happen to be very short in the leg! Only size 51cm available, whereas the Tiagra is a 58cm..
If the OP was serious about buying it then it wasn't a great idea to publicise its availability :okay:. Someone about 5'10" looking for a bargain road bike might just see it......

Only noticed they only had one size after I posted it, but a would make a nice bike for someone, just not OP

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
A 58cm Cannondale will be way big for someone 5'10. 54cm would be closer

OP, go testride a Cannomdale CAAD at Evans, the frame won't have changed much

I am 5'10 and would consider a 55cm or 56cm just right. I do have a Pug that is 57cm, and although it is nice, it is just fractionally too big for me (not that you notice right away, but after a long time/distance it does become noticeable if you are using drops as you need to stretch all the time just to use the brakes properly. I am sure a few adjustments could sort that though).

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
That CAAD is a 58cm though, and I beleive Cannondale come up on the bigger side unlike for example Cube, based on what bit is measured to give the size. I ride 54cm frames with a 100mm stem, but I am shorter torsoed and longer legged, a 56cm would be too stretched for me (except perhaps in a Cube)!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Yeah I was just saying how the wrong size even by 1cm can only come to light over time. I tend to have long legs and reasonably long arms, but with a short body, so my arms are probably cancelled out to a certain extent. Getting the size right is important and I I wouldn't even consider a 58 or bigger. I have always imagined a 54 or smaller would have the same negative effects after a while too.

I have no experience with Canondales though.

heist

I am 5'10 and would consider a 55cm or 56cm just right. I do have a Pug that it is 57cm, and although it is nice, it is just fractionally too big for me (not that you notice right away, but after a long time/distance it does become noticeable if you are using drops as you need to stretch all the time just to use the brakes properly. I am sure a few adjustments could sort that though).

I'm 5'10, i'm on a 54cm Vitus at the moment, just been sized up by evans for a BMC and they said im 54cm. I have short legs, and long torso though.

outlash

also available in orange
I have that exact same bike (bought from Paul's too, good service) and the colour scheme isn't that bad! Change the white bar tape and seat to black and it looks better. FWIW, Canondales come up a little bigger than some, I have the 58 and I'm 6'3" while my Genesis Day one is a 60. Work through this, it'll give you a good idea of what size you need

Tony.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I imagine it is a bit like shoe (and also clothes) manufacturers and so on, every company has its own take on what the right size is, so the same size will vary depending on who makes it.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
You should look at geometry information carefully if you are at all unsure, before ordering online. However, I will add that I ride a 54 Cannondale SuperSix and a 58 Cube, although the Cube is a bit on the large side for me, it's true to say their sizing is weird. I'm 5'9"

Top Bottom