Wobble reduction :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LardAbove

Hi to all ^_^

Not a 'lycra warrior', however a courteous car driver! :ohmy::boxing:

I am a competent rider but not [recently, like 20yr] mixing it on the roads of today :eek:

I hope to be enjoying myself with rides around my home area, we have lots of offroad cycleways (many old colliery routes/bridle paths)

I'm not far from one end of the C2C [over to Cumbria] but knowing that doesn't fire a passion to go ON IT:bicycle:

Well, thats me..... Off to do more SA lubing

LardAbove

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
LardAbove

LardAbove

:hello: Hello

Just got an 80's DAWES Kingpin 'folder' and intend, post lockdown, to get out along the paths & bridleways for casual relaxation [blow away Cabin Fever blues :bicycle: ]

The bike is unmolested, complete and looks to have decent tyres, no rust, creaks or moans. Very reasonable £35! :eek:

TTFN

LardAbove

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Don't know if you are located North of the Tyne, or South of the Tyne, but, I think, there are more traffic free routes North of the Tyne.

You can (or could) get free map, showing cycle routes, from Local Authority.

Good luck, and enjoy! ;)

weareHKR

Helo & :welcome:

OP
OP
LardAbove

LardAbove

I see that debate rages over exactly how weedy our Kingpin factory brake mech is...
I have read good things about the Mini V brake arrangement :notworthy:
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/tektro-926al-mini-v-brake

Has anyone modded the straight rear frame [on the Kingpin] to create the pivot post needed to fit them?
I imagine a 'clamshell' [two alloy blocks drilled through 50/50, tapped to form a clamp] would be feasible..?

51192978921_258c2b7056_z.jpg

51194132460_97ff6063b9.jpg

Something, concept as above, on my Mod List....:wacko:

AhHaaaa
51193321143_723a8d3431_o.jpg

LardAbove

Last edited:
Top Bottom