Woman Falls Off Bike Shock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I will not laugh.

The first time I fastened myself to a bike was in the kitchen. I ended up fighting upside down with the bike, pans, cooker, fridge, the whole lot. Nobody told me I could adjust them.

It was hell of a struggle to get my MTB boots off to detach myself from the bike.

As you now know it is a way to learn a lesson fast.

I could not ride a bike without clips now.

Steve

Don't worry, I have had "the man falls off bike shock" when forgetting on the first time out to de-cleat myself from bike. I arrived on my driveway, stopped and as gravity began to do it's work my last thought as I hit the deck was, "why are my feet stuck to my pedals"
wacko.gif
. This was despite setting up the pedals properly and practising quick release. It was a painful senior moment and of course my wife just thought it very funny

Firestorm

Veteran
My dad told me a story about "back in the day". He was out on a training ride duly strapped in and he approached a set of traffic lights on red, he saw there was another vehicle waiting at the lights so didn't bother to unclip , just rode alongside , put his hand out and rested on the big wheel arch of the vehicle.

It was an old GPO van, which had large rubber front wings

Main%20image.jpg
They just folded up and he crashed to the floor deeply embarrassed

scouserinlondon

Entertaining write-up, BP!

Good on ya, though, for having a go!

Sooner or later, a newcomer/novice to 'going clipless' WILL fall off and don't believe anyone who says otherwise.

Good news is that you will learn quite quickly how to click in and out and it will soon be second nature!

How about a piccy of your bruise! :tongue:

My (hopefully) one clipless fall was due to the bolt dropping out of the cleat so not actually being able to clip out. Luckily I fell onto a nice soft verge.

OP
OP
BearPear

BearPear

Veteran
I wouldn't want my experience to put anyone off! Hubby's other comment was "at least now you know it doesn't hurt to fall off!" Excuse me, I have fallen off a few times, for different reasons, and I know that it bloomin' well does hurt!

My bruise it quite splendid today, I went to visit my grandma and showed her - she said I sounded quite proud of it! I guess she's right, it is very impressive, it's about the size of a saucer and very blue today.

chewy

Might make you feel better- I fell off the other day and I dont have straps or clipless :$

Top Bottom