Woman injured in accident with tram in Oslo

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Dayvo, 27 Apr 2010.

1. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Trams have the right of way here, except, of course, with regard to red lights, but somehow this woman ended up beneath a tram and her bike was broken in two!

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/oslo/article3624801.ece

The 58-year-old woman is in a critical but stable condition in intensive care!

2. Davywalnuts

Davywalnuts Chief Kebab Taster

Scary! Trams are one form of transport that am extra careful around, especially in other Countries.

3. ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot Secret Lemonade Drinker

:eek::eek::eek::tongue::eek::biggrin::eek:

Jeez, it's not safe riding bikes, is it?

I'm giving up.

[not]

4. OP
    OP
    Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

The tram lines are very narrow, just about wide enough for a road bikes wheel to get caught in!

No too sure how the woman managed to come a cropper!

5. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Trams and tram lines are not fun to play with on a bike...

6. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

Having the real (but immobile) tram plus carriages now permanently blocking a lane in Princes Street is even worse!

What the hell are CEC thinking of (other than the fact that they have nowhere else to store their trams until 2012 because the depot is still a long way from being completed)?

7. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

Well I hope she gets better, we've had two cyclist v tram fatalities round here.

8. 661-Pete

661-Pete Guest

That looks nasty! What puzzles me (from the piccies - can't understand the Norwegian) is that it seems to have happened on a segregated bit of railway track with ordinary rails, not on a street with flush rails. What was this unfortunate woman doing cycling there? Or was she crossing at a level crossing perhaps? Anyway hope they fix her up OK.

9. Stephenite

Stephenite Membå

There's a bit of tarmac crossing the tram line just behind the front of the tram. As it's legal and acceptable to cycle on pavements in norway, i guess it was here that contact was first made.

"God bedring"

10. Bond

Bond New Member

I have no experiance cycling near trams but if I ever do I will be sure to take extra care.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice