Woman's waterproof jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trio25

Über Member
I wear a Gore waterproof, slightly different model to the one above. I really rate it! I find the one place with a good selection of womens kit is Evans so maybe if you have one nearby it might be worth a trip to try some stuff on?

Fiona N

Veteran
rich p said:
Hmm. The Giordana stuff is hard to find. Anyone have experience of the Gore Ladies Power - this

or this pricey Campag

this

I think the Gore jacket is the same one I have and it's good. I can actually wear it when it's not raining without dying of heat exhaustion and dehydration. It's quite a close cut (although I suppose that depends to an extend of what size you get) but the sleeves are a good length and lined with mesh which helps with breathability, especially if you've got bare skin (SS as opposed to a LS jersey, that is, rather than going about semi-naked). The drop down tail is great when it's really raining.
Only slight niggle is that the rear pocket (zipped) is quite small and is full of the waist strap gubgins which is notionally useful if you turn the pocket inside out to use it as a stuff sack for the jacket.

My experience of Campag gear is that it's sized like Assos for tiny Italian girls - and I'm not.

Have you checked out the girly websites e.g. :
girlsruntoo.co.uk - has cycling gear despite the name
- check out this jacket:
http://www.girlsruntoo.co.uk/GirlsRunTooSite/product/Bike+/+Tri_Tops_Jackets/4101GORspo.htm
gearforgirls.co.uk
minx-girl.co.uk

as they're starting with the end of winter sales and the prices are attractive.

Fiona N

Veteran
Ha - you beat me to it. The second - girlsruntoo - jacket is the one I have and is I think different to the first one although I'm not entirely sure what the difference is apart from the zip seems to be better covered in the Sportive (second) jacket. But it's a good jacket.
I'm generally pretty happy with Gore Bikewear - I've got the women's Xenon jacket and couple of jerseys as well as numerous longs and shorts for both road and mtb riding. The gear seems to be designed with non-elite women in mind and you can see from the piccies that the jackets fit properly curved bodies, not 11 year old boys.

Top Bottom