Woman's waterproof jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Altura Night Vision. So you can look like everyone else on the CC rides...

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
...or do you mean for walking/hiking rather than cycling? If so, then, I heartily recommend Schöffel. I've had one Schöffel jacket I have worn daily on dog walks for 8 years, washed it every month, and it's still waterproof, breathable and looks good!

Blonde

Any of the Giordana women's windproof jackets. Either the Windscreen or the BodyClone. Forma jacket even better, but more expensive. Don't think any are totally drench proof but will keep you warm and dry in light rain. I personally get far too hot in anything that is totally water proof anyway. If it suddenly goes torrential, I just put a proper water proof (the type that is thin, lightweight, transparent, fits in pocket) over the top.

wafflycat

The problem I have is that most manufacturers don't expect ladies who cycle to have large bosums or to be over 5'4" in height. So if your dear wife has an ample bosum, or is even vaguely tall, she may find getting a decent fit a difficulty.

wafflycat said:
The problem I have is that most manufacturers don't expect ladies who cycle to have large bosums or to be over 5'4" in height. So if your dear wife has an ample bosum, or is even vaguely tall, she may find getting a decent fit a difficulty.

This is probably true.

I may be in the minority (usually am) but I am quite glad this is the case as cycling clothes actually fit me, flat-chested short-a*se that I am ;)

However this doesn't help with your question. I have an H and M fleece, warm, waterproof, and yours for 15 quid!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I didn't know that until you pointed it out.
But.. it is a cycle specific jacket... and a bloody good one to boot..

Auntie Helen said:
Sailing wear on a bike??? :smile:

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Thanks all. I forgot I posted this. Most remiss. She's 5' 1" wlth a decent bosom:ohmy:. I'll have a look at the Giordana ones. I don't think she wanted a Night Vision again.

wafflycat

Morrisette said:
This is probably true.

I may be in the minority (usually am) but I am quite glad this is the case as cycling clothes actually fit me, flat-chested short-a*se that I am :ohmy:

However this doesn't help with your question. I have an H and M fleece, warm, waterproof, and yours for 15 quid!

When I'd lost a shedload of flab, I was *overjoyed* with the thought of being able to buy some decent girlie cycle wear. At the CycleShow down in ExCeL, I was most disappointed as apart from the Gore brand, all the women stuff was way too short in body length - to the extent that if I was wearing it on my bikes, even riding on the tops I'd be getting a cold lower back. And as for the Assos stuff... ye gods, the stuff was *tiny* even though I certainly wasn't near an S or XS, the suff was proportioned for a child, not a woman.I was really disappointed. So I end up wearing, as I always did, either mens stuff or unisex as it was the only way to get enough back length to ensure that I wouldn't get a gap on the back, even when riding on the tops.

Saying that, I do enjoy a good root about the Mildenhall Rally stalls, as a bargain can be had. I managed to get a decent waterproof for a decent price.

wafflycat

rich p said:
Hmm. The Giordana stuff is hard to find. Anyone have experience of the Gore Ladies Power - this

or this pricey Campag

this

The Gore stuff... no direct experience of that one. BUT, the Gore waterproofs were on display at the Cycle Shoe at ExCeL and if I could have bought, I would have.

As for the Campag item, both MrWC and WCMnr have Campag clothing in that fabric and they really like them.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
wafflycat said:
The Gore stuff... no direct experience of that one. BUT, the Gore waterproofs were on display at the Cycle Shoe at ExCeL and if I could have bought, I would have.

As for the Campag item, both MrWC and WCMnr have Campag clothing in that fabric and they really like them.

Thanks WC, I have heard that Gore stuff is usually ok.

The trouble with a lot of kit, especially for women, is that it's not available in your LBS so you have to take a punt online. I know you can send it back but it's a shame that bike shops (around here anyway) have very little choice of clothing.

wafflycat

rich p said:
Thanks WC, I have heard that Gore stuff is usually ok.

The trouble with a lot of kit, especially for women, is that it's not available in your LBS so you have to take a punt online. I know you can send it back but it's a shame that bike shops (around here anyway) have very little choice of clothing.

That's true of bike shops generally IME, far less choice of clothing for women on display in shops and what's there seems to be for those of my gender who do not have *ample* chesticles.

I have a Gore short-sleeved jersey which I've had for years. It's still my favourite women's fit jersey even now and it washes brilliantly.

Top Bottom