Womens jacket sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Red17

Veteran
My wife is looking for a waterproof / hi viz jacket for xmas, and I was looking at the Altura night vision jackets (its only for short distances not long rides)

One thing I'm not sure about is the sizing if its anything like mens gear which is all over the place.

Anyway, she is a size 10 in normal coats, so is that likely to be the same in the Altura stuff or should I be buying bigger?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
My wife is looking for a waterproof / hi viz jacket for xmas, and I was looking at the Altura night vision jackets (its only for short distances not long rides)

One thing I'm not sure about is the sizing if its anything like mens gear which is all over the place.

Anyway, she is a size 10 in normal coats, so is that likely to be the same in the Altura stuff or should I be buying bigger?
I find Altura are more generous than most cycling gear so pretty sure she will be safe enough sticking to her usual size 10 unless she plans on wearing lots underneath.

vickster

Legendary Member
They come up big but with short arms!! Best she tries them on. If you can't get to a shop, Buy from wiggle and you can return for free

I have a 16 Evo which is baggy enough for layers but leaves my wrists exposed

I think my size 10 friend got the XS size 8 in the non Evo

Katherine

Guru

I'm a 10 in normal clothes and in my Altura jacket. I notice that the sleeves are not as long as my old size 12 which is now too big for me.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Thanks all - I'll go with her normal size and make sure I can return it if needed
Yes, go with the normal size: I bought one recently (sale :whistle:), after comparing my measurements with the chart given on the site went a size up, should have ordered my normal size.
I found the arm length is fine for me.

Top Bottom