Wood floor to carpet thresholds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Velochris

Über Member
Having a first go at installing some wood oor given by family. It will be going under the stairs, so not a large space.

It will join with the hallway carpet. The flooring plus underlay will be 12mm high. Looking around I cannot seem to find a threshold with gripper on one side and enough of a gap to fit 12mm on the other side.

Any advice on suitable products?

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
When doing a similar job, I used a screw down threshold strip which spanned both sections of flooring.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
There are a variety of naplock plates available in different finishes, Aluminium, gold effect aluminium or solid brass.

Try stairrods.co.uk they are the biggest maker of these plates. Any good carpet shop should have them. Alternatively contact a local carpet fitter who I’m sure will be able to help you out.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Having a first go at installing some wood oor given by family. It will be going under the stairs, so not a large space.

It will join with the hallway carpet. The flooring plus underlay will be 12mm high. Looking around I cannot seem to find a threshold with gripper on one side and enough of a gap to fit 12mm on the other side.

Any advice on suitable products?

Usually the manufacturer of decent wood and laminate floors will do a matching colour transition piece. Normally they are quite expensive - out of all proportion to the base flooring cost.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
When doing a similar job, I used a screw down threshold strip which spanned both sections of flooring.
Just make sure the screw you are using is not too long unless you’re sure there isn’t a CH pipe beneath ; - )

Top Bottom