Wood turning .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Not a bad effort .
Forgot to change the speed on the lathe though and had the 4x4 raw material hit me in the neck and shoulder at @ 2200RPM :B)

44658280811_f24ef744c1_z.jpg

MikeG

Guru
I hit a knot once and put the piece into low earth orbit.......

screenman

Legendary Member
I need some rollers made for a vintage mangle, have to be able to put a square iron bar through the middle as well, I am yet to find a somebody who fancies the job locally.

midlife

Guru
Back in my childhood the school woodwork master would glue lots of bits of wood together for us to turn, is that allowed nowadays?

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Back in my childhood the school woodwork master would glue lots of bits of wood together for us to turn, is that allowed nowadays?
That gives an amazing effect . Given that i got twatted around the head by a lump of 4x4 i doubt very much that wood turning is allowed in schools now a days :laugh: Why on earth would you teach them to concentrate and not make silly mistakes that really really hurt .

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I used to wood turn, but the sanding and resulting dust was doing my head in, and my lungs. I couldn’t be bothered buying a decent extractor system, so I gave up.

My mums church has collection bowls that were turned by me.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Good work. Did you make a template or just "eyeball" it?
Eyeballed most of it but made a cardboard template for the big sweeping bits . They are the hard bits !

winjim

Smash the cistern
That gives an amazing effect . Given that i got twatted around the head by a lump of 4x4 i doubt very much that wood turning is allowed in schools now a days :laugh: Why on earth would you teach them to concentrate and not make silly mistakes that really really hurt .
When I was at school there was an incident involving a sanding disc that led to the teachers deciding that maybe we shouldn't be wearing ties in the workshop after all.

Top Bottom