Woodcote high school minibus driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
As I've already said in the thread, the people that built the road 'got it' and put lines and lack of lines in appropriate places. It's not really that hard to understand and it's not really big victim blaming.

Lurker

marinyork said:
-Too fast
-should have given way to something going up hill
-should have been cautious as it was a single track road at that point
-should have given way due to the car blocking his side
-should have given way as he was heading to a junction
-should have given way to a vurnerable road user on an obstructed narrow road.
-should have shown consideration for all of the above and that there were 2 vehicles coming the other way

the driver is a first class numpty.

Good summary. I'd also conclude that the minibus driver displayed complete contempt for human life (yours, as well as those of their passengers). That attitude's not uncommon - as we know - but it's totally unacceptable.

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
GFamily said:
There is no line at that part of the road.

And where the bus was driving (until the last second), the cars were parked on Gaz's side, so Gaz certainly didn't have priority either.

Gaz knew the bus would have to pull over to pass the car parked on his side of the road, but stuck to the head-on collision course.

Observation and anticipation.

I do find this rather amusing. :wacko:

If i was a car, what would the minibus driver do? what should he do? why as a cyclist should i be treated any differently?

I suggest you watch it again, and note where the parked cars are at the point we meet. Then watch as i continue up the hill, and look where the parked cars are up there.

GFamily

Über Member
gaz said:
I do find this rather amusing. :biggrin:

If i was a car, what would the minibus driver do? what should he do? why as a cyclist should i be treated any differently?

Not sure why you find it amusing. I don't know what you expected him to do.

If you were a car I would have expected you to stop before the car on his side so that he could drive past the cars to his right, then pass the one car on his left and thus clear the way for you to proceed.

Where do you expect him to stop?

Where was he when you noticed him?

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
GFamily said:
Not sure why you find it amusing. I don't know what you expected him to do.

If you were a car I would have expected you to stop before the car on his side so that he could drive past the cars to his right, then pass the one car on his left and thus clear the way for you to proceed.

Where was he when you noticed him?

If i was in my car, i would have expected him to stop to let me and the car behind go. As for the many reasons that Marinyork has already pointed out.

When did i notice him? when he was hurtling towards me.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
GFamily said:

One generally stops when one has to come into conflict with other road users and things. Given that there were two other vehicles, a junction and cars on both sides of the road at various points this is a scream in your face example that the mini bus driver was probably going too fast for the situation. That and quantum tunnelling isn't likely to work.

Tbh, I wouldn't have expected either party to stop, it just would have been polite if they did. I just wouldn't expect somebody with a 2.5 t plus to recklessly speed along a narrow street. It's made even worse by the fact it was a school bus what if a school kid had walk out it front of it! Heavily parked side roads are quite often unmarked away from junctions to make priorities unclear so that folk slow down.

GFamily

Über Member
gaz said:
If i was in my car, i would have expected him to stop to let me and the car behind go. As for the many reasons that Marinyork has already pointed out.

I asked where you expected him to stop.

When did i notice him? when he was hurtling towards me.

Hmmm.

Look, if you think you've nothing to learn from this, that's your prerogative.

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
GFamily said:
Look, if you think you've nothing to learn from this, that's your prerogative.

If you read what i have posted in response to other users points, then you would see your covering ground which has already been travelled across.

Top Bottom