Woodrup Split Personality!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Yes , that is free.

I'm slightly disappointed because this has been such an entertaining read so far.

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
I was just looking at the expander. It is a cone type, other ones I have have little pip on them which locate in a slot in the stem, this one doesn't have one and was just turning and still expanding the stem. It's now out so I will see if I can loosen the thread.

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
I have managed to save as much of the frame as possible.

frame 1.JPG

Attachments

• forks.JPG
    forks.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
I guess it's a keeper then :smile:. Maybe consider adding braze on downtube lever bosses (assuming you are not using bar ends) and checking out the seat bolt area.

It is now in Yorkshire. I've just got to find Leeds now .

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
Well I managed to drop the frame off with Woodrups this afternoon. The place looks different to what it appears like in the pictures on the net. I didn't recognise the road as I drove along towards their shop. I've paid a deposit of £100. Probably 4 weeks before I can collect it .

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
This morning I decided to go for a ride with my brother. It was a bit windy and I almost turned back at one point before meeting up with him. I pressed on and met him at our usual meeting spot. We set off towards a pub where we were going to meet his friend . Whilst sat down with our drinks, mine a pint of cider shandy my phone started vibrating. At first I didn't recognise it . Who would ring me and who knows my number? I haven't had my phone long so it was puzzling! It turned out to be Steve From Woodrups! He wanted to know what spacing I wanted for the rear stays. Did I want it spaced so that I could fit modern gearing? I said that all of my bikes are classic and that it's present setting of 27.? Would be fine. I was surprised that they were going to start it so soon.

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
Update!
I haven't been too well recently so I haven't been doing much cycle wise. The Friday and Saturday we were down in Chudleigh and Teignmouth arriving back yesterday. I thought I had better check my emails. It's not a thing I normally do! There was an email from Woodrup from July 1st. My frame is finished and is waiting for me! I'll have to arrange another trip North.

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
I had put the frame out of my mind for a while but will have to start planning again. Finding out when we will be able to go and visit Yorkshire again will be top of the list. Thinking about painting the frame will be next. I have a vague idea of colours which seem close. How much will need spraying will be another, I'm hoping that I can save the lettering but that depends on how much needs spraying. I am also hoping that I have some old 2 pack paint which I think is a pretty close match. It's probably gone. Cleaning my spray guns and making a list of materials will be next. 5ltrs of cellulose thinners for cleaning the guns and etch primer aerosol.

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
Oh! Woodrup asked if I wanted the frame sent to me. I could ask but I expect that it would cost a bit. I would be a bit more anxious now as the frame will be more valuable now especially to me having spent so much on it. Before my outlay was peanuts but now it is a viable frame and £140+ a trip to Yorkshire. We did get to see some relatives who don't get many visits.

Top Bottom