Work getting in the way of touring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I am self employed and the job I am on at present was due to end in April, then the end of July, now Sept even Oct. My plan was to bugger off for a week or two on the bike when it finished but Northern Europe starts to lose its appeal after end of Sept and then I am forced to go further afield. First world problem of course!. Was hoping to cycle across France in August, now vague plan is to fly to Spain and tour round Andalucia (ish)

May be a Blessing in disguise .... Andalucia is nice tour !

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Cheers. I have been there two or three times before. This time I would fly to Almeria or Granada and do a loop. Or maybe into Murcia and out of Malaga or Granada. If longer, would consider Lisbon across to somewhere in Spain like ALicante. Plenty of choice.

alans

black belt lounge lizard
I am self employed and the job I am on at present was due to end in April, then the end of July, now Sept even Oct.

This was the main reason I booked no advance accommodation on my e2e which was delayed by a month from my original start date.
I'd actually bought the train tickets for the Caledonian Sleeper when the delay occurred

bigjim

Legendary Member
I've toured France the last three years in September and it's always been good. Saying that I too am thinking of somewhere else this year. More for a change of scenery thaan anything else. Mallorca is tempting but I've done it once this year and not done a tour yet.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Problem with Mallorca is it is not that big. I prefer a point to point. I will need to wait till much nearer the time and then decide based upon weather and flights. Options include anything in Southern Spain, across Iberia from Lisbon to the east coast, diagonally across Spain, the full length of Portugal. Etc etc, loads of choice

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
My biggest annoyance is if I suddenly get free in late Oct or Nov. Southern Spain probably do-able but gets dark early and sun not up till almost 9am.

I would recommend cycling around Malaysia you would be surprised how pleasant it can be, start in Singapore head up the East Coast to Kota Bhara plenty of nice beaches along this coast then cross over to the West Coast, a nice mountainous route but quite doable, then head back down to Singapore via Penang island. Cycle tourist are not uncommon in that part of South East Asia, and plenty of back roads to use to avoid the Main roads. Vietnam is also great for two week tours as well.

Top Bottom