Workcycles FR8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cloggsy

Boardmanist
Seriously thinking of getting one...

May I ask why?

OP
OP
danphoto

danphoto

May I ask why?

Indeed you may.

We've been looking for a good-quality heavy-duty town bike with which to replace our motor car. The intended use is mainly shopping and trailer-towing round town (which is hilly and has more than its share of bad road surfaces) throughout the year in all weathers. We have a pair of Thorn Sherpas for good weather/longer distances.

We need 7/8-speed hub gears, roller brakes, full chaincase and upright riding position, but the catch is that it needs to be a good fit for both the Lady Wife (5ft 6") and me (6ft 2"). Looking ahead, it also needs to have a step-through frame on account of the early onset of arthritis in one of my hips :rolleyes:

One big attraction of the FR8 is the frame geometry being specifically designed to satisfactorily accomodate a wide range of rider heights/leg lengths simply by adjustment of the saddle height via a QR seat post clamp, but I'm impressed by the overall attention to detail. Not sure we could handle the posey white tyres, but apparently they're optional ...

greentomato

OK ... thanks to information received from elsewhere, we've now decided to order one :smile:

so what info or link persuaded you to order it?

have you started riding it yet? i'm the same size as your wife, so i'm wondering how she likes riding it. it looks like a great bike but i worry it might tire me out to have something that heavy.

Top Bottom