Workshop glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
not getting any luck with google.

Like many folk I sweat a lot when I'm doing workshop stuff, cutting wood, shifting flat pack, all sort of DIY stuff, admittedly not so much when fettling the bike.

I don't want to wear lenses because this kind of activity can mean getting grit or splinters in your eye.

My spec-saver specials just fall off after two seconds sweating and are a hassle as the nose pieces always disintegrate with my corrosive sweat.

So cheap, preferably so cheap they're disposable, glasses that doesn't matter how they look as long as they stay on when you're doing DIY...any ideas?

Last edited:

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Screwfix

gbb

Legendary Member
90% of cheap ones, screw fix own for instance , Bolle is another I can immediately think of, .whoever, should be OK.
I've used many different ones, most do the job.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Bolle Contour. About a fiver a pair. They are so light that you don't even notice you are wearing them.

Edit: Sorry, do you want "reading glasses" that give a degree of protection?

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
not getting any luck with google.

Like many folk I sweat a lot when I'm doing workshop stuff, cutting wood, shifting flat pack, all sort of DIY stuff, admittedly not so much when fettling the bike.

I don't want to wear lenses because this kind of activity can mean getting grit or splinters in your eye. My specsaver specials just fall off after two seconds sweating and are a hassle as the nose pieces always disintegrate with my corrosive sweat.

So cheap, preferably so cheap they're disposable, glasses that doesn't matter how they look as long as they stay on when you're doing DIY...any ideas?
Could you just slow down?

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
You need specs with 'Comfort cable temples' - these are the old style ear pieces that wrap around the ears
220px-Szem%C3%BCveg_-_1920-as_%C3%A9vek.JPG
- they are still available

Attachments

• 220px-Szem%C3%BCveg_-_1920-as_%C3%A9vek.JPG
    220px-Szem%C3%BCveg_-_1920-as_%C3%A9vek.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Bolle Contour. About a fiver a pair. They are so light that you don't even notice you are wearing them.

Edit: Sorry, do you want "reading glasses" that give a degree of protection?

No, just prescription glasses that don't fall off when I'm working.

Top Bottom