Workstand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 23692

I use a Tacx Spyder Prof workstand.. and a nice bit of kit it is too

DrLex

merely the moocher
Crankarm,
Was considering either the PCS 9 or 10, but wondering whether £20 more for the 10 was justified. May I ask what swayed your choice?

Boopop

Guru
I recently bought a PCS 10 too from Amazon for £90.

I chose it over the PCS 9 as I remember reading that the 10 had a more straight forward release/clamp fastener, and is easier/quicker to put away.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
I recently bought a PCS 10 too from Amazon for £90.

I chose it over the PCS 9 as I remember reading that the 10 had a more straight forward release/clamp fastener, and is easier/quicker to put away.

And I read also that the PCS 10 is far more flexible in adjusting height and bike position plus the stand is more robust and solid which it is compared to the PCS 9. I paid £79.00 for mine. I'm glad I got the PCS 10 over the 9. It's a quality piece of kit. I also have a turbo trainer in the garage. I s'pose you could use this as a stand but you are really dependent on the rear wheel being in the bike frame which could be a bit restrictive doing maintenance plus it only lifts your bike an inch or two off the ground.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I have a PC9 and it is spot on. I looked at the PC10 and the only significant difference was the quick release height adjustable facility on the main upstand.

No way is the 9 "inferior quality" to the 10 plus it was £45 cheaper than the 10.

Top Bottom