Workstand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Racing Green

Hi,
I am looking to buy a workstand that is good for road bike, mountain bike and Brompton. has anyone got any advice? I like the look of the park tools PRS20 but was wondering if it would work with a Brompton. Also, I am wondering about stability Vs portability.
Thanks!
RACING GREEN ;)

lukesdad

I have had a park stand for the last 8 years really good piece of kit,very stable with bike at any angle and very robust,the only downside is the clamp is very bulky and can be a bit of fiddle to clamp a down tube on some bikes but willc clamp on a seatpost. mine is quite old now so they may of changed the design.

OP
OP
R

Racing Green

Thanks. Looks like Park does it again. I heard someone say that clamping the frame was not good for lightweight frames, but I guess if the seatpost can be clamped, that would do. I looked at one that uses front and rear dropouts quick release clamps ( http://www.parktool.com/products/detail.asp?cat=23&item=PRS-20) then I wondered if that would suit a brompton. It could also be overkill as it says on the park site 'ultra lightweight' which I don't need to worry about.

dodgy

I was treated to a Park PRS-15 last Christmas, it's awesome but the prices have gone up substantially recently!

Top Bottom