World Championships. Danny Hart wins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Danny Hart just won the won the UCI MTB DHI World Championships in awesome style.

In atrocious conditions he beat the best in the world by almost 12 seconds.

It was a joy to behold.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Danny Hart just won the won the UCI MTB DHI World Championships in awesome style.

In atrocious conditions he beat the best in the world by almost 12 seconds.

It was a joy to behold.

Good lad! Fionn Griffiths was second in the women's 4X the other day too.

rockyraccoon

Veteran
LOOOOOOOOOOO­K AT THE TIMEEEEEEE!!
hyper.gif

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NLcLqT4SwE[/media]

Fiona N

Veteran
Blimey - I think that's the definition of 'going for it all or nothing' :biggrin:

Loved the commentary - the guy was either hoarse or hysterical :wacko:

Fiona N

Veteran
Manon Carpenter (GB) won the Junior women's downhill too.

Why do Brits do so well at downhill and less well (relatively) at XC?

lukesdad

Manon Carpenter (GB) won the Junior women's downhill too.

Why do Brits do so well at downhill and less well (relatively) at XC?

XC racing is dead on its feet in the UK you only need to look at the cancelled events this year.

Fiona N

Veteran
XC racing is dead on its feet in the UK you only need to look at the cancelled events this year.

But why is that?

Road racing (and TT) seems to produce a constant stream of people willing to put the effort in so why doesn't XC? I can see that for some XC is always going to be too much effort compared to letting gravity do the hard work. BTW this isn't to malign top level down-hillers - believe me, I wouldn't even try what they do - I know it takes as much training and preparation as XC at this level. But surely the mtb equivalent of road racers exists too - or doesn't it and if not why not? I can't believe it's that Brits are some how physiologically unsuited to the rigours of XC compared to the shear guts and craziness of DH.

lukesdad

But why is that?

Road racing (and TT) seems to produce a constant stream of people willing to put the effort in so why doesn't XC? I can see that for some XC is always going to be too much effort compared to letting gravity do the hard work. BTW this isn't to malign top level down-hillers - believe me, I wouldn't even try what they do - I know it takes as much training and preparation as XC at this level. But surely the mtb equivalent of road racers exists too - or doesn't it and if not why not? I can't believe it's that Brits are some how physiologically unsuited to the rigours of XC compared to the shear guts and craziness of DH.

I think there may be many reasons. Popularity in other disciplines after all Track and road have really taken off, and we have history in downhill. Oppurtunity maybe ?
But i think the main reason is the type of XC races (courses) are boring compared to freeriding etc. They re not cheap to enter either. They have just become so unpoular.

I think also would be XC ers would rather throw their cash at challenge type events.
Sad but thats how it is. Untill there is a radical re think I dont imagine it will change

Top Bottom