World Kindness Day - what's everyone up to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I was kind by not punching put the MRI machine operator after they'd pried me put of it. I've seen household sewer pipes with a bigger bore.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
A while ago I gave a lady barrister a lift from Durham Crown Court to the railway station.

She had come up from the south to do a case, and was looking a little bit lost on the steps of the court afterwards.

As I dropped her off, she thanked me for my 'random act of kindness'.

When I returned to the court, some of the crusty middle aged males there suggested I had only given her a lift because she was good looking.

As a shallow male I couldn't entirely disagree, so perhaps not so random after all.

Kindness AND honesty, this is too much ;)

Globalti

Legendary Member
I am trying not to have unkind thoughts about my daughter. She is in Cyprus with my SIL. The temps have been 28 deg C all week. :angry:

Funny that... I'm also in Cyprus where the weather is perfect and today I kept my patience with a customer who did nothing but whine and at lunch time I threw a small piece of octopus tentacle to a tiny skinny kitten who yowled at me loudly.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Funny that... I'm also in Cyprus where the weather is perfect and today I kept my patience with a customer who did nothing but whine and at lunch time I threw a small piece of octopus tentacle to a tiny skinny kitten who yowled at me loudly.

You did the right thing

OP
OP
alicat

alicat

Legendary Member
All replies have cheered me up/made me giggle and made a tedious day better. Thank you. :laugh:

I deployed all the kindness that I could by not replying to a colleague who was complaining about her long day and telling her about my 5am start and 65 mile drive to work.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
To quote the wonderful Susie Blake - it must have been awful for her.

Actually, we had a nice chat about filth cases - she was representing a rapist.

Although not the sort of conversation that many on here would approve of.

OP
OP
alicat

alicat

Legendary Member
+1...Doesn't everyone strive to just be generally kind anyway? :hello:

I guess that most people do: the point for me is to notice and be grateful for the kindnesses that most of the time go unrecognised.

Last night, I was the recipient of some kindness. I went to board games at a pub in town then cycled home and found that I had a bag of board games but no means to get in the house and no phone or money. In short my handbag was missing, the pub had called last orders and I have no friends or family near where I live. I dashed back to the pub and no, my handbag wasn't on the ground where I had parked my bike. I went inside and my handbag was on the counter next to one of the board games crowd. The barman had noticed my bag, gone outside and called L back and they had worked out that it was mine. They had left a couple of messages and were patiently waiting for me to come back. I'm so grateful that we switched to a smaller pub where the bar staff care about their customers.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I performed another random act of kindness involving a lift a while ago.

Driving in the Yorkshire dales near my caravan, I came across a broken down Range Rover.

The only person with it was a woman who was on the phone.

I elected not to stop, guessing that as she was on the phone she was getting sorted, and she might not welcome my presence at such a remote location.

About a mile further on, I came across a man walking beside the road who was not dressed for a country ramble.

I stopped, asked him if he was with the Range Rover, and would he like a lift.

He answered 'yes' to both questions.

I was able to give him a lift to his house about a mile further on where he had another car and some jump leads.

The other side to the coin is that about eight years ago I came across two women with what looked like a broken down car in a remote location in County Durham.

At first, I was inclined to stop, but something about them made me wary and I drove on.

At the time there were one or two stories of drivers being carjacked after stopping to help apparently distressed women.

Two burly blokes would leap out from behind the bushes, and then off they would all go in the hapless victim's car.

Chances are the two women I saw were simply broken down or had stopped for one of them to have a wee behind a hedge, but you have to make snap judgments sometimes.

Top Bottom