World Record Cycle Attempt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jamesandpie

On the 7th April a friend and I are attempting to cycle 314 miles over a 24 hour period while cycling through 7 countries to raise a few pennies for charity and to break a Guinness World Record along the way.

Now for some of you this may not seem particularly difficult, for others it may seem terrifying and insane. I think my experience level would place me somewhere in the middle. The furthest I have cycled in one day previously has been 120 miles back in August last year....which was hard! So it's quite daunting to think we shall be attempting 300+, with pretty much no time for rest. We're mentally preparing for it to be exceptionally painful, and are spending the next three weeks training and fundraising.

Now, whilst I admit this is not too different from all those other 'charity fundraiser' messages that are popping up from friends on Facebook or colleagues at work this time of year. (The majority of which seem to be half marathons). I'd like to think our attempt is somewhat unique and mildly more challenging, and hopefully a lot of you will be able to relate to how difficult this attempt will really be.

The charity we've chosen is WaterAid, and I won't bore you with everything they do, but it's quite incredibly how much can be done with just the smallest donation. It's a charity which is helping thousands of people gain access to water and sanitation who would otherwise die from thirst or disease.

We have set up a simple text to donate service to help support us, so by just texting 'Euro60 1' to 70070 you will be donating £1 to our cause, and 100% of that pound goes to the charity. (Obviously you can replace that 1 with a 2, 5 or 10 if you're feeling more generous!)

If you've read this far, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! Myself and Jono would really appreciate your support. For more information about ourselves, the route, our bikes etc please check out our website at www.cycle24.co.uk where you can also donate online via the link at the bottom of the 'info' tab.

Thanks, James

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
What world record are you intending to break?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Was going to say, 315 miles in 24 hours is not even close to a world record.

Good luck with your challenge anyway. Even if it does sound like one of those really obscure ones that almost anyone who thinks to attempt can break.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Have you considered joining Audax UK? They have members who routinely do the same distance and more in 24 hours and picking their brains would be useful.

P.H

Über Member
Good luck, that sounds like some challenge and for a very worthwhile charity. Hope your preparation has gone well, the support crew have everything organised and you're lucky with the weather.

wintonbina

Über Member
The charity we've chosen is WaterAid, and I won't bore:blush: you with everything they do.
I did like the pun!
Good luck Jamesandpie:bicycle:Tony

Top Bottom