world tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aitch

Regular
i,d love to go a world tour i saw somebody looking to cycle to oz but have been unable to find his/her email add if your interested get in touch i,d be looking to leave the last day of summer 2013(gotta start sometime)i,m 52 and male

theloafer

Legendary Member
it was not deano from darlington was it...:thumbsup:

http://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=51443.0

OP
OP
A

aitch

Regular
I could be persuaded....any details of your ideas yet?
hi suffolkcindy
it was a surprise to hear from you as i don't think their are to many people around with the time to take on a trip like this.
hard to know where to start realy,india is definitely on my places to visit i'd like to go to shimla which is on the pakistani/indian border the only place in india where it snows,i cycled from goa to the southern tip of india several years ago with my nephew,borneo and sumatra are there as is new zealand initialy thought about going through spain over to morocco and follow the coast along to the suez canal and into the arab emirates but don't know how safe that would be after the gadaffi situation,central and south america are there i cycled from caracus in venezuela to belem in brazil 5/6 years ago initialy went on my lonesome but was lucky enough to meet a couple of french lads on a tandem a couple of hours after i set off.
a trip like this is all about compromise so where is it that you'd like to go to and why? the why? is for my own interest as if you decide you don't wish to come along it would give me an idea for my own route,so i can get my map out and start a plan of action.
hope to hear from you again
ride safe
aitch

OP
OP
A

aitch

Regular
hi suffolkcindy
it was a surprise to hear from you as i don't think their are to many people around with the time to take on a trip like this.
hard to know where to start realy,india is definitely on my places to visit i'd like to go to shimla which is on the pakistani/indian border the only place in india where it snows,i cycled from goa to the southern tip of india several years ago with my nephew,borneo and sumatra are there as is new zealand initialy thought about going through spain over to morocco and follow the coast along to the suez canal and into the arab emirates but don't know how safe that would be after the gadaffi situation,central and south america are there i cycled from caracus in venezuela to belem in brazil 5/6 years ago initialy went on my lonesome but was lucky enough to meet a couple of french lads on a tandem a couple of hours after i set off.
a trip like this is all about compromise so where is it that you'd like to go to and why? the why? is for my own interest as if you decide you don't wish to come along it would give me an idea for my own route,so i can get my map out and start a plan of action.
hope to hear from you again
ride safe
aitch

jags

Guru
yeah the op seems to have gone south:hello:

OP
OP
A

aitch

Regular
well at the very least this topic had me out in th egarage today refitting the racks to th egalaxy and cleaning out the panniers from the trip 3 years ago ..eek!
bigonabianci

hi bigonabianchi
thanks for replying to my thread sorry it's taken me a couple of days to get back to you,well as you can see from original thread i will be setting off next year on the last day of summer on the trip this gives myself and any potential trip partners a whole year to sort any last minute details out.
i've arranged a short weekend trip to test the water with suffolkcindy at the end of this month,so we'll have to see where that takes us keep in touch as you never know whats round the corner.
i see you are planning a trip to the U.S.A what are your plans for that when are you leaving ETC.
are you UK based
keep safe

jags

Guru
hope this takes off for you you guys to be honest i wouldn't have the balls to do anything like it but i do admire adventures especally on bikes ,anyway best of luck keep us posted.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I always thought people who did these trips were crazy until I did a LEJOG. Approaching JOG, I found myself getting slower and slower as I just didn't want the ride to end. One day ...

mrsugarhead

Hi I'd be interested in leaving for a round the world tour starting in about March/April 2013. I have few plans as to which countries to take in, but I would love to go through Greece and the Balkans and then round further East. I like to cover quite a few miles a day, 80 to 100 is a healthy speed in relatively flat countries. I have cycled round Europe, Chile, and lots of other places. I'm just saving up some money whilst working in Oman to then be able to take off do what I've always wanted to do. Anyway, there's loads of time plan and think about this.

Top Bottom