World's Strangest Vending Machines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
BBC news did a piece on the gold bar machine last week...

The Pizza one looks cracking... fancy having that in the corner of the kitchen lol
Not sure about the live lobster one though

Arch

Married to Night Train
The bike one isn't really a vending machine though, as you have to return the bike.

I have heard though, that there are inner tube vending machines in Holland.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
My local pool used to have a chip vending machine, and I had a look inside it while it was being serviced once.
I know how to live!!!
It contained a freezer, with pre-cooked chips, and a teeny-weeny deep fat fryer. Insert your money, and 45 seconds later you get a portion of fried carby goodness.
It smelled...a bit like a miniature chip-shop, I suppose.
It's not there any more :thumbsup:

Arch

Married to Night Train
TheDoctor said:
My local pool used to have a chip vending machine, and I had a look inside it while it was being serviced once.
I know how to live!!!
It contained a freezer, with pre-cooked chips, and a teeny-weeny deep fat fryer. Insert your money, and 45 seconds later you get a portion of fried carby goodness.
It smelled...a bit like a miniature chip-shop, I suppose.
It's not there any more :rolleyes:

It's great, isn't it, how swimming pools always have machines dispensing bad-for-you food - it's like "Ok, you exercised, now your reward....!"

Do gyms have the same? (having never been in one, I dunno.)

longers said:
What's the one in your first pic vending Smiffy? I can't make it out :rolleyes:
Nor can I. Looks like "strawberry-and-potato" something-or-other, but my German's not up to it. I hope I've got that wrong...:hugs:

5kg bags of tatties - i am not that sure what the right hand one was - Weerts (I thought it was some sort of beet but!

could only be in Germany

psmiffy said:
5kg bags of tatties - i am not that sure what the right hand one was - Weerts (I thought it was some sort of beet but!

could only be in Germany
So let's get this straight. There's a vending machine in Germany which dispenses strawberry-potato-and-beetroot burgers?! ;)

Happiness Stan

Always miss the passing of cigarette vending machines. They might as well have had a sign saying "Hey kids, get your fags here!"

Also loved an Indian airports take on vending machines. They had a coffee vending machine but you had to give your money to a young lady who would put the money in the machine for you and then give you your coffee.

Who said vending machines take away people's jobs?

Top Bottom