Worn chainring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Widow-maker

I changed my chain and cassette.. now I'm getting noise from the small chainring it looks worn to me but have been told both chainring are worn... the big one looks ok to me wondered what you think... thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20181005-WA0018.jpeg
    IMG-20181005-WA0018.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 51

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Both are very worn.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I use a chain checker and replace at 100% use, so I don't get shark teeth . I see a few at the co-op now and again, and replace the whole drive train. But I have access to a lot of used parts there. On my own bikes, it's a lot cheaper to replace a chain.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I changed my chain and cassette.. now I'm getting noise from the small chainring it looks worn to me but have been told both chainring are worn... the big one looks ok to me wondered what you think... thanks
I've had this - where the chain has finally started to skip (after about 6000km on both cassette and chain (chain well beyond 1% elongation - failed to change it before LEL and with that 1444k on it I had to run them both on)) - I replaced both and still got skipping. replacing first the inner and then the middle rings sorted it out (the chainset had done 25,000km+). From the image, as others have already said, both your rings need replacing. If anything the large chainring looks worst (to me).
And then, ride on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom