Worst. Commute. Ever.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
3. Got on next train, realised in rush I had forgotten my train pass - well, I hope that's the case and it hadn't fallen out of my pocket, along with my credit and debit card, on the way.

Turned out it had :sad:

5 working days to get a new debit card, £5 for a new photo card, £10 to get my train pass reissued, £20 on Oyster card gone.

Well, at least I got my glasses back!

buggi

Bird Saviour
well, i got thrown off chiltern railways the other day coz i was on a bike during peak times. I would like to point out that i was in a "bike carriage", that i was only person with a bike and for that matter there were only about 10 people in both the bike carriage and the whole of the passenger carriage next to it.

and i would like to ask Chiltern what they did with all that empty bike space after they threw me off. i would also like to point out that i was only going from Solihull to Warwick (2 stops) and Dorridge (the inbetween stop) is pretty much a ghost station.

fukwits. Even the station man said the train inspector was just being a jobsworth. i asked him if jobsworth is spelt A S S and ends in Hole. he said yea.

normally i don't get the train, i only diverted to the train station coz i was late. but this meant i then was even later so couldn't ride to work, had to return home and get my car and then was still half hour late.

on the upside, i did not leave my Oakleys behind :smile:

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Not really cycling related but.....

Does make you wonder about the inspector. I mean, had you stayed on, would it have impinged upon any passengers? Does this now make you want to use their trains? (shakes head)

It would seem to be a bit of a lack of common sense. Don't get me wrong, I understand rules can be rules, but I don't know. A simple "The train's not busy today, so stay on, but just so you know you're not supposed to bring a bike on during these hours..."delivered with a cheerful smile could have made all the difference. Would it have taken that much (thought?) to have done something like that and probably create a better end result for everyone concerned?

well, i got thrown off chiltern railways the other day coz i was on a bike during peak times. I would like to point out that i was in a "bike carriage", that i was only person with a bike and for that matter there were only about 10 people in both the bike carriage and the whole of the passenger carriage next to it.

and i would like to ask Chiltern what they did with all that empty bike space after they threw me off. i would also like to point out that i was only going from Solihull to Warwick (2 stops) and Dorridge (the inbetween stop) is pretty much a ghost station.

fukwits. Even the station man said the train inspector was just being a jobsworth. i asked him if jobsworth is spelt A S S and ends in Hole. he said yea.

normally i don't get the train, i only diverted to the train station coz i was late. but this meant i then was even later so couldn't ride to work, had to return home and get my car and then was still half hour late.

on the upside, i did not leave my Oakleys behind :smile:

That's some fine logic there.

I was going to say "I like the way you think!" but in hindsight I should state that I really don't like the way you think ;)

Hehe sorry black humour, perhaps best left in the pub :blush:

Glad you got your glasses back :thumbsup:

Top Bottom