Worst county for pot holes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col1888

Don't think Lincolnshires are too bad. I cycle on minor roads just outside of Lincoln and they are not too bad ! Recently did the Northern Rock Cyclone and some bits of that were a lot worse !

navrat_biker

north west is shocking. although when i bike in bolton their roads are as smooth as a cyclists legs!! wish the roads where like they are in italy nice and smooth. if anyone has ridden on the A6 you feel every mile completed. The roads where bad enough before the snow/ice now they are a cyclists nightmare. lets hope new government get their butts in order at some point and make some allowance for the re-vamp in certain countys....seeing as cam/clegg like cycling.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Buckinghamshire. When we venture across the borders, whether to Oxon, Herts or Berks we offer up a silent prayer of thanks.

One hill in our town was resurfaced a couple of years ago. Within six months the whole hill was a slalom course.

Chrisc

Guru
I have to vote for Huddersfield. Ruddy appalling potholes have resulted in 3 broken springs, 3 sets of bushes and two shockers on my car in two years. Local garage has a skip just for suspension parts. Even the few road repairs they did have failed in the heat. 3 miles of chippings have been repeatedly re-chipped and dusted with cement in an attempt to cover the strips of molten tar to no avail. Not doing my nice white bike frame any damn good. :-(

PpPete

Legendary Member
Hampshire is awful...
Rode up one lane this week that was rapidly approaching third-world standards*

Only to be confronted by a shiny new sign "Hampshire County Council working for you..... .Highways Department.... Tel. 0845 xxxxxx" I was too cross that they'd wasted MY MONEY on the sign to actually phone the number.

*I used to live in one of Africa's least developed countries so I do hae a comparison

redddraggon

Blondie
Everyone seems to be saying their roads are the worst, like its a competition or something. All I can say is that the roads around Manchester/East Cheshire/Peak District are all pretty good, but West Cheshire/North Wales are loads worse.

But I'd rather ride in North Wales than the other places. I use exclusively 23mm tyres and it's fine.

Top Bottom