Worst horror movies...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Blair witch I was that bad IMO and not in a scary way, I don't feel the urge to watch a 2nd one.

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
I too had the misfortune to watch Blair Witch 2. The previous evening I watched 'Paranormal Activity' which I found to be a bit dull and predictable.

On the other hand, the best horror film I've seen recently is 'The Ring'. Closely followed by 'The Grudge' series.

gbb

Legendary Member
The Hostel did it for me....just the helplessness of the victims made me shudder and the barbarity of it all :smile:

Edited to say..i thought you meant the worst in the sense of most gruesome...now i realise its the crappiest.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Ashtrayhead said:
The previous evening I watched 'Paranormal Activity' which I found to be a bit dull and predictable.

+1. Crock of shite. Others - Nightmare on Elmstreet series (although scarey in their day), Scream (1st 5 minutes pretty good), Cabin Fever, Evil Dead, House of Wax, ALien V Predator. I think I need to get out more. :smile:

I don't know if some on these fall into 'horror' genre, but some of my faves are:

Hanniball Rising
Red Dragon
The original Halloween
13 Ghosts
SAW
The Shining
Salems Lot

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I think the scariest film I have ever seen was a ghost story called The Woman in Black. It plays on that "spooked" feeling that you get when you're alone at night in a strange, creaky old house ...

Funtboy

Ashtrayhead said:
I too had the misfortune to watch Blair Witch 2. The previous evening I watched 'Paranormal Activity' which I found to be a bit dull and predictable.

On the other hand, the best horror film I've seen recently is 'The Ring'. Closely followed by 'The Grudge' series.

That first Grudge film scared the bejesus out of me. I was scared of the dark for about a week afterwards.

I am 40 years old.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
User1314 said:
Then watched The Entity. My god. What a shower of 70s tit-fondling poltergeist shite.

I quite enjoyed the tit-fondling aspect of that film.

The worst supposedly horror film I saw was one where a group of people had to spend a night in a haunted house in which they were picked off one by one. You could tell straight off who the lucky couple were who were going to survive, which was a pity because they were the ones I wanted to get killed first.

Ste T.

Guru
As a child of eight my parents were out and my 16 yearold brother let me stay up to watch The Night of the Demon . It scared me witless. I watch it now and I can see it is a bit creaky, but it is of its time...." Its in the trees... Its coming...THE DEMON NOOOOOOO!"

Top Bottom