Worth adding a turbo session?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stumpy66

Veteran
Some good on info on the trainer road podcasts re your very question, it comes up regularly. The last one I heard they were saying to use the commute to keep the base miles going at a low intensity but to do some intervals through the week

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Some good on info on the trainer road podcasts re your very question, it comes up regularly. The last one I heard they were saying to use the commute to keep the base miles going at a low intensity but to do some intervals through the week

Yeah I Submitted this as a question and heard the 'cast today - slightly different situation Inthink though. Waiting to see if it comes up in the next one...

400bhp

Guru
It sounds aerobic, but my understanding to have proper aerobic benefits, there needs to be very few dead times, ie periods where you stop pedalling and/or ease completely off. Is that the case?

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
In your position, as a triathlete, I would use those commuting hours as my on the bike training; from a time management point of view, without even considering how much stress you'd put on your body were you to add turbo sessions, swimming and running to that mix.

Top Bottom