Worth buying ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
A new shop has opened up locally and as i was riding past today i noticed they had a few nice bikes out the front . Then i noticed a very nice bike inside hidden away .
Its not for sale but might be .......

28728552497_f43a2a77f9_z.jpg

42712027775_46782f14f5_z.jpg

29745859728_b696fcd8fe_z.jpg

Any ideas what it is and worth ?

carpenter

Über Member
It's a Falcon and has lovely lugs, but paintwork looks non standard ! Not sure of worth (offer £30 and see what shop owner does?)

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
The Peugeot will no doubt be full of funny French sized bits that are different to everyone else's. I agree the other one looks more interesting, but don't expect a sensible price from a vintage/antique seller. Bargain old bikes usually come from sellers with no interest in, or knowledge of, bikes.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Sorry , it was the Falcon i was talking about not the Pug . The seller mentioned £80 but didn't really want to sell it .

carpenter

Über Member
This may be of interest (I do love lugs!):

http://lonazstuff.blogspot.com/2013/09/chapter-two-origins-of-ernie-clements.html

http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/components/nervex.html

Imagine a respray (dark blue?) and lug lining (white/cream?)

southcoast

Über Member
Look interesting, yes go in and ask what he wants for it and be prepared to haggle. Beware though buying old bikes can turn into an addiction. Lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Offered him £80 today but he said he could get £100 online without drop bars and brakes .
I think it would cost me about a grand to get looking the nuts so not that fussed about it .

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Offered him £80 today but he said he could get £100 online without drop bars and brakes . .

It's a shabby looking project and should be valued as such. Typical deluded seller who thinks he'll get more than a cash offer with no sellers fees taken off. It will probably not even sell at all at some inflated price, or will yield less net of fees that you offered in cash. Sellers like this are not worth wasting your time with, TBH.

Top Bottom