Worth getting a camera for

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
I spoke to one of my neighbours about his wife's driving (already tried speaking to her), witnessed plenty of near misses around the school including one where she drove down the wrong side of the road at me before swerving away at the last minute. Basically said that I had a camera on my bike and if I saw anything else it would be going to plod.

Cycling back home today, narrow road with no pavement. Kids walking down one side, me cycling down the other. Saw her drive up and into the middle of the road ready to try and squeeze through the gap. Quick tap and point to the camera and she suddenly decided she would wait for me to pass instead.

Shouldn't be needed but oddly reassuring to have.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
What a tool!
(Her, not you, obviously!).

mythste

Veteran
I spoke to one of my neighbours about his wife's driving (already tried speaking to her), witnessed plenty of near misses around the school including one where she drove down the wrong side of the road at me before swerving away at the last minute. Basically said that I had a camera on my bike and if I saw anything else it would be going to plod.

Cycling back home today, narrow road with no pavement. Kids walking down one side, me cycling down the other. Saw her drive up and into the middle of the road ready to try and squeeze through the gap. Quick tap and point to the camera and she suddenly decided she would wait for me to pass instead.

Good on you for actually addressing the situation like an adult in the first instance :smile:

OP
OP
KnackeredBike

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Won't she just continue terrorising people when you're not around? :sad:
I don't doubt it will probably end in a police report which may make her think at last. It seemed good form to fire a shot across the bows before that though. I am a tiny bit sympathetic in that my wife is a terrible driver too albeit just endangering herself.

classic33

Leg End Member
T'aint just bad driving though. She seems aware of what she was doing, enough to stop when you she saw you.

Works brilliantly. There is a traffic queue near Fareham where left hooks are common.

Pointing out the camera as they pull along side stops them dead

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Works brilliantly. There is a traffic queue near Fareham where left hooks are common.

Pointing out the camera as they pull along side stops them dead

Ahhh, I grew up in Stubbington and went to college in Fareham. I get left hooked all the time here in Berkshire too

Top Bottom