Worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C_KingAdventure

So boyfriend is big into biking and my experience has been just walmart bikes up until this point. If I ever want a chance of keeping up I definitely need a nicer bike. However spending $600 on a bike is not something I'm comfortable with dishing out at the moment. Found this one listed on facebook was wondering if it is worth it and if it would be a good bike for me? The brand from what I can see is a nicer brand but like I said I know nothing about bikes. I am 5'8".

Attachments

• bike1.JPG
    bike1.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 7
  • bike2.JPG
    bike2.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 7
  • bike3.JPG
    bike3.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 6
  • bike4.JPG
    bike4.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 6
  • bike5.JPG
    bike5.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
C_KingAdventure

C_KingAdventure

it is a 26 in Bianchi Ocelot if that wasn't clear from the pictures

rustyroger

Perhaps you should ask your boyfriend, you say he's into bikes and I'm inferring he should know a good bike from a poor one. From what I see of the bike it looks fine to me.
If it turns out biking isn't for you you can always sell it again so it shouldn't hurt your pocketbook too badly to buy it, that is if you have $600 to spare without sacrificing anything.

Roger.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
That's a new one on me as I wasn't aware that Bianchi made 26" MTB's. Looks like a reasonable bike, the lack of suspension is a big positive, and probably about 22" frame so it should be manageable size-wise.
Don't assume it will be any quicker than a Walmart bike though, as the two biggest factors are the rider and the type of tyres fitted rather than the bike itself. If you are riding something on knobbly MTB tyres alongside someone on a bike fitted with road-oriented tyres you are either going to be slower than them, or you are going to have to work significantly harder to keep up.

Top Bottom