Worthy of Ronnie Barker...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Heard today when I was at the vet's with Noodleydog.

Two women were there when I arrived, both of them falling within the "quite large" category. One had some kind of Mastiff, the other a spaniel. The spaniel was weighed and "spaniel woman" (SW) was told the dog was a kilo heavier than a month ago (this dog looked like a log rather than a spaniel)...she said she would have to take it for more walks to help the dog lose weight, and added she could do with the exercise herself - I'd say!!

Whilst speaking to the receptionist/nurse (RN) the conversation went as follows:

SW: I'll have tae stop feeding him so much mince
RN: You should be okay if it's lean mince
SW: Aye he like's his mince
RN: Is it lean mince you feed him?
SW: no, peppermints.

I just about held it together....

snorri

Legendary Member
Wunderbar:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Rob S

When the Queen Mother was lying in state, Radio 5 were describing the scene and the presenter said there were four candles at the corners of the coffin......

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Rob S said:
When the Queen Mother was lying in state, Radio 5 were describing the scene and the presenter said there were four candles at the corners of the coffin......

By pure coincidence the Queen Mother was born about 5 miles away from the vets where this conversation took place :angry:

Maz

Guru
There was a particular series of sketches that Barker did (Scientific Office of Information? Tended to wear a lab coat for them, anyway), where he said "You may be wondering what we have in the way of Entertainment...Well, we've got Bernard Manning - he's always been in the way of entertainment."

Priceless. :angry:

Dave5N

Über Member
Don't believe it.

My car is here soon, finally.

Any news on your Worcs visit? (i'd add smileys but the quick reply don't let you.)

Top Bottom