wot bike to get

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bald Eagle

I'm new to road bikes but have been a mountainbiker for many years. Looking to try road bikes this summer and join a local club but not sure what type of bike i need. I am 61 so won't want to go for the top end stuff now but would be looking for distance rides. The Trek 1.7 triple is one i like?? any better ones??

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
the main questions are: what do you want it for (which you have told us), and how big is your budget?

i've never ridden that bike, but it's probably better than my regular ride so, if you like it, and the budget stretches, go for it.

don't let anyone on here give you any nonsense about triples being uncool, if that's what you want then get it. there is no more flexible gearing arrangement, and if you are still concerned about being "cool" at 61, then there's hope for me yet!

check your private messages btw.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
You will get 20 different answers to that, each suggesting a different bike. Trek make good quality frames, the price of the 1.7 is good and so is the equipment level on it.

My advice is if you fancy it go for it, you will not be disappointed.

bonj2

I fail to see how being 61 is a reason not to go for top end stuff.

Whereabouts in derbyshire by the way?

domtyler

Über Member
[email]kjacques@lineone.net[/email] said:
I'm new to road bikes but have been a mountainbiker for many years. Looking to try road bikes this summer and join a local club but not sure what type of bike i need. I am 61 so won't want to go for the top end stuff now but would be looking for distance rides. The Trek 1.7 triple is one i like?? any better ones??

Take one these twice a day with food:

http://www.thorncycles.co.uk/clubtour.html

postman

Legendary Member
That is one nice looking bike.Cycling plus did an article on the Trek 1.5 triple.And gave it a very good write up.Six hundred pounds.

OP
OP
Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle

Hi Bonj well just that i'm late starting road bikes and won't be doing serious stuff so a mid range bike would do. Oh by the way its Chesterfield

OP
OP
Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle

Hi thanks for your advice about the bike and the other stuff ( i will change it) and the bike will be a triple 4 me on whatever i go for. My mountain bikes are Marin but they don't seem to figure so well with road bikes??

You might want to take your email address off your sign-in. Nearly all forums (I know it should be fora) are scanned these days by spammers.

domtyler

Über Member
Twenty Inch said:
You might want to take your email address off your sign-in. Nearly all forums (I know it should be fora) are scanned these days by spammers.

Too late, I've already added it to my database! ;)

And I know you have a small penis, have trouble getting an erection, need cheap pharmaceuticals and want to meet other horny teens in your neighbourhood.

Top Bottom