Would it be extremely petty (re: cycle parking)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Occasional murmurs keep recurring about bicycles in the warehouse and providing cycle parking. This would be outside, probably out of sight, out of mind with the attitude that "bicycles only get stolen if they are not chained up so what's the problem?"

I can park my car in the car park if I use the car

So if they do try and put a couple of wheelbemnders in a secluded corner, would it be a little petty of me, given that I rarely use the car, to park it around the corner from work, cycle in to work, put my bike in the car outside the gates, drive in and take up a parking space, then drive out in the evening, unload the bike and cycle home?

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Wht bother to remove the car at all unless you need it elsewhere?

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
Wht bother to remove the car at all unless you need it elsewhere?

Because then they could say I was garaging the car there - which is different from arriving to work in the car and leaving work in the car.

It's only theoretical at the moment anyway as these murmurs have been and passed by before now - and at the moment there are never more than 2 bikes in the warehouse so hopefully it won't ever come to anything

perplexed

Guru
If it's anything like my work, nothing will happen.

"Proper" bike parking should have been in place 5 years ago. No sign of it yet...

Occasional murmurs keep recurring about bicycles in the warehouse and providing cycle parking. This would be outside, probably out of sight, out of mind with the attitude that "bicycles only get stolen if they are not chained up so what's the problem?"

I can park my car in the car park if I use the car

So if they do try and put a couple of wheelbemnders in a secluded corner, would it be a little petty of me, given that I rarely use the car, to park it around the corner from work, cycle in to work, put my bike in the car outside the gates, drive in and take up a parking space, then drive out in the evening, unload the bike and cycle home?

Buy an old banger van... leave it parked there 24/7 - use that as your cycle parking :tongue:

/edit - missed the above :tongue:

The second option is to just keep the bikes in the warehouse - it seems that no one really cares *that* much, unless someone has complained about it? I would just carry on using it.

Bristol Dave

Could you be pro-active and put in some suggestions of suitable facilities? If you could put together some info on what you want and likely costs and slip it under the MDs door I think this would be a better bet. You could be the one-eyed man in the kingdom of the blind then.

BD

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I would carry on leaving it in the warehouse

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
You need to look at the bigger picture.

Buy yourself a transit, park your bike in it and charge your co-workers £1.00 a day to leave there's in there too. Alan Sugar would be proud

More seriously, do discuss with them, and look at proper lockers, where I work we have "Velosafe" lockers provided by car parking fees!

I then pay £2 per month for the hire.

asterix

Comrade Member
When I commuted to work in Soton everyone else drove. They thought it very odd to cycle. However, my boss allowed me to keep my bike in the basement car park where only the management were allowed to park (I was a trainee then). Believe it or not my colleagues, who had to pay to park their cars, were envious of my privilege although they wouldn't consider cycling themselves!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Carry on and don't say too much.

We had a £12k bike shelter put up last year (weatherproof with keypad access), and I and a few others still bring the bikes into our offices.... shush !

Top Bottom