Would it look wierd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I thinking that I might replace my alu front forks with carbon ones. I'm currently using v brakes with sti's and I thinking that I could fit calliper brakes when I made the change. The rear frame only takes v brakes though; would calliper brakes on the front and v brakes on the rear look wierd and is there any other unforseen by me issue?

bonj2

it would a bit but not too weird... no weirder than drop handlebars with v-brakes...as long as you don't look at the front and the back at the same time ;)

I've got some carbon forks for sale btw if you're interested http://cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=33417

Alves

I don't think it would look too strange unless you took a really close look.
One reason why you don't tend to mix brake types (although cars do, eg discs and drum brakes), like discs on the front and V brakes on the back is that the amount of force used to operate them can be very different and might feel wierd. this might mean you need a strong pull on the front and less on the back (or vice versa) because of the different systems and this might lead to all sorts of problems in that instinctive yikes, emergency brake situation.

Top Bottom