Would like your opinion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
It might be, I don't know - depends on the BCD of the crankset I'd guess, but ...

TBH my approach would be only to buy things that are really what I want, rather than buying with a plan to fiddle with it immediately (if you see what I mean). Personally I'd just scratch that from the list, and be patient. Keep on looking.

Not really with 39t. The BCD is too big to get a 36 or 34t inner chainring. You will need a new chainset. Quite pricey with current spares

Look for bikes with 50/34 or 48/32 chainsets

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Not really with 39t. The BCD is too big to get a 36 or 34t inner chainring. You will need a new chainset. Quite pricey with current spares

Yeah, I've never owned anything with such a large little ring, so I wasn't sure. But my point still stands - buy something you want, rather than buying something you nearly want and fiddling with it.

CXRAndy

Guru
Get pictures of each bike, because people often tell porkies which year the bike was actually made. The colour scheme normally vary each year of production. The BMC would be my preference, but I'd like to double check everything about it

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Out of your options, BMC.

Another option if you're looking for a racer: Giant TCR Advanced. You can get a 2017 (1) with 6800 Ultegra within your budget. The only bike you'll ever need :becool:

This one looks nice, 6d left for bids: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265759595613?hash=item3de0819c5d:g:7PEAAOSwZlFivaUz

This one for £650: https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/giant-advanced-tcr-/1436226508, use rest to upgrade wheels.
OP is in Greece hence quoting prices in EUR

OP
OP
A

arctu

From what I see, there's no way to find here in Greece a Giant TCR Advanced under 1400€!!! I don't know what is happening with the used bikes prices!!! Is it a local fact or worldwide? At the same time the cheapest Canyon carbon ultimate,new, is at 1750€!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom