Would really appreciate some feedback on how I'm doing :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dude7691

Hey guys, new here :smile:

Been cycling about a month and finally accomplished something I am really proud of today managed 32 miles to my college. I did this on a mountain bike weighing 14kg in pretty hilly terrain (I live in Wales ) on fairly decent roads for the most part. I averaged 10.6mph. I weigh 55kg with a BMI of just 17.8 as I struggle to eat loads to put on weight. Just looking for a bit of reassurance that I'm doing ok :smile: thanks :smile:)

stalagmike

Enormous member
I'd say 32 miles over hills after a month, and on a 14kg bike is pretty good going. Once, just after I started cycling, I had to work on a Saturday for a couple of hours. My work was about 25 miles from home, so I got the train there with my old 3 speed trekking bike and rode back. Took me about 2.5 hours so roughly the same as you. Keep up the cycling, should gain some muscle in your legs for sure.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'd say that's blooming good. Well done.

Globalti

Legendary Member
After a ride like that be sure to eat well, carbohydrate and protein. Beans on toast or scrambled eggs on toast with proper butter are good recovery snacks. Beans on toast are especially good because that's grains and pulses, same as homous and pitta or daal and chapatti and humans have worked out that grains and pulses are extra beneficial because each releases nutrients in the other that you don't get if you eat them alone.

Last edited:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Hey guys, new here :smile:

Been cycling about a month and finally accomplished something I am really proud of today managed 32 miles to my college. I did this on a mountain bike weighing 14kg in pretty hilly terrain (I live in Wales ) on fairly decent roads for the most part. I averaged 10.6mph. I weigh 55kg with a BMI of just 17.8 as I struggle to eat loads to put on weight. Just looking for a bit of reassurance that I'm doing ok :smile: thanks :smile:)
Don't worry about what others think, carry on doing what your doing, You are doing fine.

Top Bottom