Would the Average Person Fail a Drugs Test?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I have never failed a drugs test.

oldroadman

Veteran
Is porridge a banned substance? It certainly enhances my performance :bicycle:

Thank goodness it's not. Best thing as a base for long days, nice slow release energy. Add in eggs, rice, chicken, toast, honey in good quantities, lots of good coffee, and ready for the days exertions on any race. Provided it's 2-3 hours before start time!

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Thank goodness it's not. Best thing as a base for long days, nice slow release energy. Add in eggs, rice, chicken, toast, honey in good quantities, lots of good coffee, and ready for the days exertions on any race. Provided it's 2-3 hours before start time!

I dont like eggs in my porridge

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Is it worth mentioning here that the UCI banned substances list includes alcohol?

Interesting. Is that during competition only or out of competition as well?

I've turned up to an Audax with a hangover before, but fortunately AUK isn't under the auspices of the UCI.

VamP

Banned
Interesting. Is that during competition only or out of competition as well?

I've turned up to an Audax with a hangover before, but fortunately AUK isn't under the auspices of the UCI.

In competition only.

All British Cycling licence holders are signatories to the UCI charter, so theoretically could be tested. Doesn't happen in real life though. I can think of at least one race that I have taken part in while still partially inebriated, and things like the Rapha Cross actively encourage participants to drink while competing.

VamP

Banned
Interesting question, I've been wondering something similar recently: Does anyone know off-hand whether asthmatics with a normal, salbutamol inhaler would fail a drugs test?

Google is your friend ;)

''All beta-2 agonists (including both optical isomers where relevant) are prohibited

except salbutamol (maximum 1600 micrograms over 24 hours) and salmeterol by

inhalation which require a declaration of Use in accordance with the International
Standard for Therapeutic Use Exemptions.''

Top Bottom