would this get the message across?

In favour?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
downfader said:
6410-471_d.jpg
;)

Really like their Jerseys :biggrin:

Now all I need is that on my hi-viz rucksack cover.

magnatom said:
Sorry! If I was on my bike today I wouldn't be holding you up...

Or, for non-car owners like myself, something on a shirt/cover along the lines of:

I am on my bike today - that's why I'm not holding you up.

Perhaps:

No Car
No Holdup
No Problem!

buggi

Bird Saviour
if we all wore those jerseys on the same day, that might get the message across. i would like it in white though, for the summer. can we have a CC version of that too.

Lozatron

So I know this isn't a popular opinion in these parts but...things are getting better and our eventual victory is assured! Whilst we need to organise and campaign where appropriate - things are getting better, not worse, for the cyclist on Britain's roads and I believe we now have the momentum.

Health, environmental concerns, sustainability, British sporting success - cycling is aligned with so many of the positive trends in modern society and our numbers are increasing.

It's easy to feel threatened and defensive when we have bad experiences - we're incredibly vulnerable squishy bugs surrounded by angry lumps of metal...but our numbers increase every year.

One of the most effective campaigns (in London...apologies for my parochial attitude but it's where I live...) of recent years, in terms of public awareness and positive feeling, was the Bike Tubes which were run when the Underground went on strike. Stuff like this, which is positive and doesn't alienate those people who own bikes but drive a lot more often, is far more powerful than angry little fist-waving gestures fueled by justified feelings of fear and vulnerability and questionable ones of moral superiority.

Just my 2p...

Top Bottom