Would this like tomato fertiliser?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member

I don't even know what it is. We call it the fig though it's not a fig. It was looking distinctly poorly earlier in the year and even though it now has recovered up to a point it still looks like it could use a helping hand. And I happen to have a big bottle of tomato fertilizer. Would 'the fig' appreciate a bit, d'you suppose?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Yes, tomato feed will be fine

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Tomato feed is more for fruiting and flowering. I'd say you want something higher in nitrogen. Is it outside or inside? If outside, then diluted urine is a good feed, or rotted down nettles (which takes a bit of time and smells whilst rotting down). If inside, then get a high nitrogen feed.
That said, if tomato feed is what you've got, then use it, it won't harm the plant.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Tomato feed is more for fruiting and flowering. I'd say you want something higher in nitrogen. Is it outside or inside? If outside, then diluted urine is a good feed, or rotted down nettles (which takes a bit of time and smells whilst rotting down). If inside, then get a high nitrogen feed.
That said, if tomato feed is what you've got, then use it, it won't harm the plant.
Yep - green leafy things like nitrogen. Tomato feed does have nitrogen but has a higher potassium content for flowering and fruiting.

Top Bottom